220 Gallon Reef-Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reef Octopus Needlewheel Protein Skimmer 250 Gallons | eBay

Guys, what would be the downside of this skimmer? It is a needlewheel style, and it is much cheaper than other skimmers reef octopus makes rated for 250 gallons, so there has to be a reason. Does anyone have one of these? If so, have you had any issues, I may order this thing if I can verify that they work well.

It's that cheap everywhere, not just ebay. Sorry if I am :deadhorse: with the equipment questions.

I know lots of people that swear by the octupus skimmers. I dont have one but all the people I know with big tanks use them.

I know I want to go with Reef Octopus, but they offer several different designs that are rated for a tank as large as mine. This is a very affordable model that is rated for 250, but I don't why it is so much cheap than other Reef Octopus models that are rated for the same size tank.

I know, tell me about it. At least it is fabrication shop inspection. Nice and clean, not too hot. lol

The tank is ahead of schedule!!! My LFS gets tank deliveries once a month, he didn't think my tank was ordered in time to catch the June delivery but apparently it was. It should be here in about 4 weeks, in the middle of June!!! A grown man should not be this excited over a new toy. lol

I hear you there... I would have never been able to do mine if I didn't wreck my bike... (tank instead of new bike)

Yeah I am about 2,000 in on this one and I have yet to purchase lights, skimmer, rocks, but I do have the tank, furniture, sump/fuge and salt. You gotta start somewhere,:ROFLMAO:

She was with me when I ordered it to, so I couldn't lie.

Opps I subscribed to two threads and when you replied to the other one I thought it was your thread lol

$4500 just for my tank

we always say 'this is the last time i promise' this time i just told my wife
'we'll see' lol

HAHA I feel so special cause I KNOW I won't be buying anymore tanks. I almost feel liberated from this deadly disease known as MTS. Of course I picked a doozy of a tank to go out with.

I've been lucky, my b/f hasn't freaked out yet about having 8 tanks. He didn't even bug out when I spent my very last $100 on this last 125g setup.

you got a great deal on that tank you always find the good deals lol

I also bought a biocube that sprung a leak not too long ago, so it's hit or miss. And I;m still debating the new 125g what with the glass gouge and all.

Wish I could buy a nice new setup like this thread, I can't even imagine how beautiful it's gonna be. **sigh**

Back
Top Bottom