250w mh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james00

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have the SE bulb pointing downwards and I am not sure if enough light is entering into the tank. I am testing it with a ricordia but it wouldnt close up after the mh comes on, its been 4 hours and the ricordia seem to like it... I have it right up there. the light is a feet up and the tank is 46gal bowfront. I am not sure what to do, thanks in advance.

How is the light mounted, in a canopy? Does it have a reflector? A 250w over a 46 gal should be plenty. By the way, Ricordia prefer higher light levels than other mushrooms.

There is a round reflector encasing it, but I couldnt get a pendant because I am cut from spending anymore on SW, Its like looking at a normal incandecent hood. The light is not focused on the tank.

A SE MH lamp mounted in a round reflector, hanging vertically would be extremely inefficient. Pendants use DE MH lamps. I'd recommend buying a spider reflector to mount it in, cost about $30, and it will give you MUCH more light, they are very efficient. Do you know the k of your MH lamp?

Back
Top Bottom