265 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I was into keeping predators, I would keep cuttlefish. If I wanted an assortment, I would definitely have a wartskin angler.

So two weeks in and here are my test results from this morning
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440851098.940545.jpg
Ammonia less than .5
Nitrite off the chart 5+
Nitrate about 40
Does this seem right?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes. Your ammonia and nitrite will end up at zero, and nitrate will be off the charts high, especially if it's already at 40...

Got another 100lbs. Of rock and did a little more aquascaping. What do you all think? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440891108.759157.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440891122.376161.jpg

Yea it's on the bottom glass and I did epoxy a few pieces together but the macro rock is amazing and stacks so nice. Thanks so much to whoever recommended them they have an Amazing product wish I knew about them sooner

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441032125.357285.jpg
So I did another test today I was expecting to see the nitrate a little higher today but found the nitrate went down? The nitrite is still high but the nitrate came down. Ammonia is very low should I be adding more ammonia? I was just using fish food feeding a small amount daily. I didn't have a problem cycling my 90 gallon tank but this one seems to be throwing me off for some reason?

I usually don't even check the nitrates until the ammonia and nitrite go to zero within 24 hours after dosing ammonia to 4ppm. There is really no point.

Back
Top Bottom