Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

28 Nanocube Build

OK, I got everything started. I am shifting the contents of a 14G Biocube into two separate 28 Nanocubes. About 5 weeks ago I started curing extra liverock, however, my eyes estimated a lot more rock than I have room for in the NCs . The good thing is that all the rock is fully cured.

One tank is set-up and the Clownfish and Tailspot Blenny, who have been in quarrantine for the past month, have now moved in. I had to delay for a week as the Blenny developed stomach bloat and I was treating that first. The Clown looks like he is exploring and is happy to be out of the 10-gallon QT. The Blenny is doing what they do best..he is perching.

The other tank is about halfway aquascaped. I still have 5 pieces of liverock to incorporate from the 14 and then comes the other fun part of filling things in with some smaller pieces. I have a few corals and a Firefish in the 14 that I don't want to transfer just yet so I need the rock for the bioload yet..this second tank is going to go together a little slower ...don't want to cause a major spike. No sand in that tank as yet..I'll add it after I get the liverock set.

Instead of going with live sand this time, I used plain old aragonite...at this point I can say I like it better. I think the aragonite has a much nicer consistency then the live sand.

The pic of the first tank is very dark..believe it or not all the lights in the tank are on. I took the shot with my cell so it really picks out the blue..as you can see There are some pics there of what the BC looks like after I raided the liverock and a shot of the liverock I have left. I was limited to 4 pics so the post below this is the other shot of what I have left
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nano1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	59867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nano2 Semisetup.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	59868  

Name:	Biocube Whats left.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	59869   Click image for larger version

Name:	large pieces left.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	59870  

Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

More rock left
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rock left 2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	59871  

Tags
build, cube, nano, nanocube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com