28 Nanocube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlkng1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, I got everything started. I am shifting the contents of a 14G Biocube into two separate 28 Nanocubes. About 5 weeks ago I started curing extra liverock, however, my eyes estimated a lot more rock than I have room for in the NCs :). The good thing is that all the rock is fully cured.

One tank is set-up and the Clownfish and Tailspot Blenny, who have been in quarrantine for the past month, have now moved in. I had to delay for a week as the Blenny developed stomach bloat and I was treating that first. The Clown looks like he is exploring and is happy to be out of the 10-gallon QT. The Blenny is doing what they do best..he is perching.

The other tank is about halfway aquascaped. I still have 5 pieces of liverock to incorporate from the 14 and then comes the other fun part of filling things in with some smaller pieces. I have a few corals and a Firefish in the 14 that I don't want to transfer just yet so I need the rock for the bioload yet..this second tank is going to go together a little slower :)...don't want to cause a major spike. No sand in that tank as yet..I'll add it after I get the liverock set.

Instead of going with live sand this time, I used plain old aragonite...at this point I can say I like it better. I think the aragonite has a much nicer consistency then the live sand.

The pic of the first tank is very dark..believe it or not all the lights in the tank are on. I took the shot with my cell so it really picks out the blue..as you can see :) There are some pics there of what the BC looks like after I raided the liverock and a shot of the liverock I have left. I was limited to 4 pics so the post below this is the other shot of what I have left :)

Attachments

• Nano1.jpg
    Nano1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Nano2 Semisetup.jpg
    Nano2 Semisetup.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Biocube Whats left.jpg
    Biocube Whats left.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 63
  • large pieces left.jpg
    large pieces left.jpg