29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice videos! Those puffers are so curious! Also, do you still have that harlequin in the first video link?

My Melanurus female finally appeared from out of the sandbed today. She is exploring the reef and her new surroundings. Will try tobget a video of her later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's awesome. I was looking through the wrasses on live aquaria today trying to decide which ones(s) I want to try! Your video of the puffer is really cool...was he trying to decide if he could eat that big snail?!? Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok here is a short video of the new female melanurus wrasse. Hope you all enjoy it. The tank is still a work in progress so dont pay to much attention to that. I still have frags in the sand thatci need to get up on the rocks.

https://youtu.be/BWtfstnl2Bk

Nice looking fish Barbara! I love wrasses

Great fish, easy to care for, eats worms, what's not to like? My old guy is almost 5" long now. Yours looks good!

I didn't see the wrasse all day today and then she showed up laying in the back of the tank behind the rocks. Not sure what wrong with her.

I had to chase a hermit crab off of her and then i was able to net her and put her in a hang on box. I dont have a hospital tank set up. Does anyone have any experience in treating sick saltwater fish?

First. Is all water quality good? No swings in temperature?
If the fish is already down, all you can do is confine him. If no visible symptoms, I'm not sure what treatment I would recommend. Wrasses are pretty healthy fish, you might have gotten one that was too stressed. Or there is a factor like acclimation in play. Good luck.

Water quality is good. No temp swings. She was doing fine the first couple of days. Not sure what happened.

Back
Top Bottom