29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the conductivity of saltwater, I think GFI is a must. I've had too many power heads go bad and gotten badly shocked when placing my hand in the sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've been lucky so far, but I would imagine that to be very terrific.

I have some red slime growing in this tank and I have turned the light out to try and get rid of it.

I have had the lights off for three days now and I still see a little bit of it in the tank. I think its getting too much light from the room and the tank next to it si I'm going to try and cover the front and sides of the tank and see it that works. Have you all had any experience with this bacteria?

Cyanobacteria is nutrients in the water column and low flow.
I have some in my reef as well. It is in areas where I could increase the flow, as 2 MP40's is way overkill for the system, but when I do the corals in the area get upset. It can be a balancing act, but you treat it like you do an algae outbreak.

Thanks Sniper. I need to increase the flow. I have to MP10's on this tank I have then situated toward the top to keep the surface of the water clear. So I need to add one or two down lower I guess since that's where the Cyanobacteria is starting.

yes puffers add a lot to a tank there personality's are so entertaining especially when they find them selves in the water current body surfing . maybe he got lost in the rocks like mine did took him about a week to find his way out .

Getting that red slime algae again. Doing a water change today and turning off the lights and covering the tank for a couple of days to try and get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom