29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK thanks Paul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No problem. Looks like you got it all coming together! The only difference you will see VS brushing/rolling/spraying is the texture on the coat on the back of the aquarium. I've rolled one before with a soft foam roller and it was just as good as a finish as a nice spray coat almost. But it really doesn't matter unless you are picky or a neat freak like me. ;)

No problem. Looks like you got it all coming together! The only difference you will see VS brushing/rolling/spraying is the texture on the coat on the back of the aquarium. I've rolled one before with a soft foam roller and it was just as good as a finish as a nice spray coat almost. But it really doesn't matter unless you are picky or a neat freak like me. ;)

I'm not so much a neat freak Lol. But I do like to do things right. I rolled the first coat yesterday and I will apply the second coat tonight. I will take some pictures when I am finished.

I finished painting the back of the tank.

Attachments

• 1441317069563.jpg
    1441317069563.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 105
Looking pretty sharp. Seeing all these new tanks and painting the back of them and such really makes me wish I had the ability to get a big one going. It sure was fun.

Looking pretty sharp. Seeing all these new tanks and painting the back of them and such really makes me wish I had the ability to get a big one going. It sure was fun.

Thanks Hank. Its been a exciting journey. I am looking forward to getting it completed.

I resealed the tank on Monday and I am planning on doing a leak test this weekend. If all goes well I will be able to start the cycling process.

Dumps in the stand, the rails that will hold the light are screwed to the stand, and my reactors are in the cabinet. The only thing with this new stand is I can't fit my Ago reservoir. The reservoir will have to sit outside the stand. The only thing left to do is a leak test.

Dumps in the stand, the rails that will hold the light are screwed to the stand, and my reactors are in the cabinet. The only thing with this new stand is I can't fit my Ago reservoir. The reservoir will have to sit outside the stand. The only thing left to do is a leak test.

That's how my ATO reservoir is. 5 Gallon bucket sitting next to the tank stand. Eventually I was to make a matching box (to match the stand) to put it, or maybe a larger reservoir in it to give it a cleaner look.
Here is mine now. (low quality photo)
Jfc3Cs6.jpg

I have a 2.5 Gallon container. It was the only size that would fit in my old stand. Now that its not going to be in the stand I could upgrade it to a 5 gallon bucket.

I had a setback today. I tried to fit the plumbing to my sock holder and I can't get it to fit. I need to make the hole bigger so the plumbing is not pulling on the sock holder. Will have to do that next weekend.

I did a water test today and had one small leak over the sump. It was where the hose barb fits to the upper fitting. I put some silicone around it and will do another test tomorrow.

Drained tank over the weekend and filled with saltwater. Didn't have enough water to fill the sump so I put a Hob filter in the tank to start the cycle. Will fill the sump up this weekend coming.

So i filled the sump up today and everything looks good. I don't have all the rock in the tank yet. I plan on working on getting the rest in there tomorrow. Here is what it looks like right now.

Attachments

• 1444521785763.jpg
    1444521785763.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 76
Getting the rest of my rock in tomorrow from BRS. In the meantime i am starting to get the brown algae building up.

Attachments

• 1445794304457.jpg
    1445794304457.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 66
I received my pukani rock in today and i chiseled a nice hole in the middle of this piece to be placed in the center of the tank.

Attachments

• 1445975436620.jpg
    1445975436620.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 68
Forgot the picture. Silly me.

Attachments

• 1445976651108.jpg
    1445976651108.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 67
I added a couple more small pieces.