29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sean, I found a Rubbermaid Brute 44 gal can. Its nice an thick and very sturdy. Not to many choices locally. Do you think this will work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any container like that can work as long as it has a label on it so that it is safe for drinkable water...I think the label is a 2 or something. Check the bottom it'll tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I couldnt find anyware on the can that said it was food grade or safe for water. I am contacting Rubbermaid to find out.

I was reading some other post in other forums and one person said that if the product has the NSF seal it is safe to use. My can has the NSF seal on the bottom.

I know Lowe's website says they are food grade. My LFS uses them for all of their contract accounts and they are very conservative when it comes to things that can affect tank health.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a cinnomon clown and a spledid dottyback in my 20 gal at work. I plan on taking down that tank and moving everything into my 29 gal. My cinnomon clown is very aggressive and i want to add a coulple more fish to the 29 gal. Im thinking i should add the new fish before i bring the the others home. What do you all think?

If you are not totally in love with the Clown, you could take it to the LFS and trade for the other fish you want. ?

What's a cinnamon clown? Don't think I've ever seen those. Could trade him in and get a nice pair of snowflakes or Picassos :D

If you are not totally in love with the Clown, you could take it to the LFS and trade for the other fish you want. ?

No im not to attached to it. I would have to find out if the lfs would be willing to trade. I only have Petco close by so i will ask next time im up there. There is one place in Virginia (Quantum Reefs) that i asked a while back and he would'nt trade. He said that they are to aggressive and he would'nt be able to sell it.

What's a cinnamon clown? Don't think I've ever seen those. Could trade him in and get a nice pair of snowflakes or Picassos :D

A cinnomom clown looks alot like a tomatoe clown just darker in color. Like thae trading idea Bryan if i can get someone to trade.

Doing anotger water change. I seem to be getting this brown stringy algae with bubbles attached to it. Its really gross tryibg to filter it out as we speak. Not sure what is causing it. Does anyone have any ideas.

Here is a picture. I just built this frag rack last night and you can see how its already starting to get on the rack. Will test the tank in a little while and post the readings.

Attachments

• 1453146487025.jpg
    1453146487025.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 85
Picked up a four line wrasse. Although im not sure i like him. He's eating all my snails and crabs. And i saw him picking on the zoas as well. Thats why i made the frag rack so i could put the zoas in there. The description said they dont bother corals but i beg to differ. I plan on taking him back to where i got him from.

Picked up a four line wrasse. Although im not sure i like him. He's eating all my snails and crabs. And i saw him picking on the zoas as well. Thats why i made the frag rack so i could put the zoas in there. The description said they dont bother corals but i beg to differ. I plan on taking him back to where i got him from.

Yea, the lined wrasses can be pesky. I doubt he was after your zoas, but probably something in them. If they see sonething they want, they usually succeed in getting it. They can be difficult to catch as well! My eight line was very good at eating snails. That how I caught him was by using a snail upsidedown as bait.

Yea im going to trap him using a DIY trap. Put him in a hang on basket until i can take him back. I have a six line wrasse and never saw him go after anything like this one did. The four line was going after the nasaurus snails. He would catch them by their little tube and then he would end up dropping him.

Can you take a picture? How are the parameters? Can be anything from cyano to dinos.

Ok Hank here are the Parameters.

Ammonia = .25
Nitrate = 0
Nitrite = 0
P.H. = 8.2
K.H. = 10 dkh =179 ppm kh
Calcium = 480
Phoaphate = 0
Salinity = 1.023

I'll assume ammonia is a mid test.
I want to say a cyano issue rather than Dinos. I had similar show up when I had a dot frag rack like that too. Went away when the rack did.

Back
Top Bottom