29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are supposed to be easy. I've not had much luck with them...I have a war favia right now that I'm having more success with. I sometimes question my alk and believe it to be the issue. But with that said, I'm also addressing the nitrates I could never register with biopellets.

Well im doing my water change tomorrow so that should replace any nutrients that may be lacking. Good luck with the war favia Hank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picked up a octospawn, pink zipper zoa and a candy apple red zoa today. Cant wait to get them home and in the tank. If i can remember i will upload some pics after they are in the tank.

Picked up a octospawn, pink zipper zoa and a candy apple red zoa today. Cant wait to get them home and in the tank. If i can remember i will upload some pics after they are in the tank.

I had never heard of an Octospawn. just looked it up, very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here are some pics of the new coral i picked up yesterday.

Attachments

• 1458226665071.jpg
    1458226665071.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 1458226681993.jpg
    1458226681993.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 1458226697982.jpg
    1458226697982.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 95
Here is a shot of the candy apple red opened up more.

Attachments

• 1458231601723.jpg
    1458231601723.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 77
I picked up a "frogspawn" yesterday that I think is really and Octospawn. It's fat and happy today?

There is still difficulty in figuring out the differences between the frogspawn and octo. I can only imagine the confusion and ruckus when someone finds a gold one..,

Yea they do look very similar Hank. Ive never seen a gold one in my circles. Mine is actual yellow but it looks green in the picture.

You've got me curious now Hank. I think i will do some research on the differences between the two. I will report back my findings.

Picked up a saddleback puffer last Friday to try in my tank. He is doing well so far i will try to get a picture later to upload.

Fun!! I really love the puffers, I want to believe I can keep one in a reef safely but I'm still nervous. Can't wait to see photos!

I havent seen him pick at any corals. He will nip at the rocks that the coral is on but not the coral. I think he is eating the pods off the rocks. I am trying to keep him fed well but i did notice yesterday when i was feeding that every time the little guy went after a peice of food my Cinnamon clown would get to it first. So i may have to try to target feed him to make sure he is getting some food.

Here is a picture from live aquaria of what my saddle puffer looks like.

Attachments

• 1459360106928.jpg
    1459360106928.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 53
Very cool addition and best of luck! They are cool little fish. Keep us updated on him

Back
Top Bottom