29 gallon "fixer upper"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
HN1 got me a used 29 gallon setup for my birthday! It's got a canopy retrofitted with a 175W MH and 2x 65 PC actinics, and also some really cool DIY moonlights. There's also a HOB overflow, a 20 gallon sump/refugium, and an ASM Mini G skimmer.

Unfortunately, the tank was pretty neglected and overrun with xenia- not the kind of look I was going for. I've spent a lot of time cleaning up the rock, getting rid of the corals I didn't want, and finding an aquascape that worked for me. I'm fortunate to be a member of a great reef club that allows me to find great frags, and I've added quite a few to the tank.

Here are some pics, the first is the day after we brought the tank home (Jan. 7) and the other full tank shot is the way it looks now.

Attachments

• 100_0622.jpg
    100_0622.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0194.jpg
    DSC_0194.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 83
nice job fixing it up sev. what type of fish are those in the bottom left photo?

You need to put up some bigger pictures! It looks great though. If you keep the clam, watch out for it growing too big.

Thanks everyone! The fish are a Rainford goby and McCosker's flasher wrasse. There is also a yellow watchman goby that isn't pictured.

Nice. Is that clam still in there?

You need to put up some bigger pictures! It looks great though. If you keep the clam, watch out for it growing too big.

The clam was already too big for the tank when I got it, so I sold it. A friend put it in a 90 gallon cube and it's much happier now.

Thanks! Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0174.jpg
    DSC_0174.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0226.jpg
    DSC_0226.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0225.jpg
    DSC_0225.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0217.jpg
    DSC_0217.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I actually am very atracted to that bird nest, i don't know why but i am.

Back
Top Bottom