29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Putting together a slight upgrade from my Mr Aqua 25 gallon rimless cube. Picked up a 29 gallon from Petco today, and pulled out my old 20G long stand.

Equipment list:
Hydor slim skim nano
(2) koralia 425 gph power heads
18-24" orbit marine led (from existing tank)
AC50 modded as a refugium

Will be moving existing live rock 25lbs over along with new sand, should I seed with some of my old sand as well?

I just painted the back with a dark grey paint, and got a glass top cut at lowes to help fit my skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Spent this morning getting it set up, moved everyone over..waiting for it to clear up.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428196432.137966.jpg

Looks good so far. :)

My first SW tank was a 29g and I really liked it. Big enough but nothing too too big lol

I started in a 20g long, then a rimless 25, now the 29. Once we get into a new condo I plan on making my 100g a SW tank (Africans now)

Like the size of the 29 so far

Did a bit of cleanup and moved the skimmer to the other side of the tank to make it easier to hide the wires as my stand is the Petco Brooklyn metal stand

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428254977.960292.jpg

What are your thoughts on the Jaebo wave makers?

I have a pair of RW-8 on my 90g. I stopped messing with them once I got a 2.5" wave across my 48" tank. Not much to compare it to your 29, but for what it is worth, ai'm happy with mine.

Thanks, I am looking at those now, might just take the jump and buy one.

Added the RW-4 to my tank and pulled the AC50 with the intank basket mod. Running purigen right now. Debating on turning it into a hob fuge.

Back
Top Bottom