29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bogeymc6

Aquarium Advice Regular
Why are my live rocks getting this green stuff on them thanksImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459374334.086525.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459374343.404800.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459374351.839481.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good ol Florida tap water lol! How do I get rid of it?

Start by not using tap water anymore.RO/DI only.Tap water is loaded with phospates and other things you don't want in your tank.

My next water change is Saturday I do 8 gallons! I guess I will go to petland and buy their water is 8 gallons going to help tho

Buy the distilled water from Walmart, usually cheaper and yeah def go to water. In the 3-4 years I have had saltwater, I've used nothing but ro and have never had a massive alage bloom. When I had my 20 though I used tap and the alage crashed my tank

Will it go away when I start using RO water! Or do I have do something else thanks man

That is not dinoflagellates as there is no stringy bits with air bubbles attached.

That looks like a mix of diatoms and hair algae.

Is this tank fairly new as it's all part of the maturing process.

Using tap water is not ideal you should be using RO Di water with a 0 TDS reading.

Lower your phosphates and nitrates and it will clear.

What's your current phosphate and nitrate readings.

What filtration do you have on the system

Back
Top Bottom