29 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crow123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon tank with
45 pounds LR
40 pounds of LS
i have a lawnmoyer blenny and NEMO

how many other fish can i put in there?
and any suggestion

oh what are the best snails/crabs to get? :D :D :D \

i went to a LFS and i saw like a giant slug looking thing....do you know what is was? i think it camaflague with the live rocks but im most def sure it was a giant slug?

is thier such a thing as too many crabs and hermit crabs.....they dotn count as the per inch/galllon rule do they? just wondering :p

might have been a nudibranch, not something for a beginer they never do well, and even when they do they're usually not long lived, if it was in the sand it could have been a sea apple or cucumber. Cucmbers are better choices the sift the sand and eat crud from the floor, apples can be kept but if they die they release a toxin that kills almost everything in the tank. Plus they require target feedings which can become old very quick. In either case they need some room and a deep sand bed

as for crabs the only ones i might recomend would be small hermits, if they dont get new shells theyll kill snails for them, yes you can have to many, they dont pollute like fish bit there is only so much food that they can eat. i have heard one crab per gallon, so a 26 can have 26 crabs, if anyone knows another rule let him know im not sure on this. Other larger crabs will catch and eat small fish, so be careful and reasearch

i rly like the emrald crabs and i was gonna mix them with blue leg hermit crab and then one shrimp, prolly a cleaner shrimp. is that a good mix? and 5 turbo snails wat chu think moorish...thx

probablly be ok make sure the crbs have enough empty shells to move into, if you plan on keeping small peaceful fish theres a little chance that the crab will get them, i had that setup for a long time myself, i had gobies, clows, chromis, and a small wrasse and it was fine Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom