29gl. tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyAngel111

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, and have read alot of the posts here, and what I was needing to find out is I have two different lights for this tank, one is like what you can buy at petsmart which I had put a marine-glo bulb in and the other one is a JBJ aqua lighting with 2 twin bulbs, one twin is blue and the other twin is a bright white. Which one would be better to use. A little bit about the tank it is a 29gal tank, with live sand as a base, fiji rock about 10lbs (fully cured from the LFS, which all they deal in is saltwater), a Fluval 204, and 2 rio aqua pump/powerheads, and a berlin skimmer, we were going to just set it up as a fish only but then my hubby decided that he wants it as a mini reef. All of the levels are correct, so today I went and bought a green chromis just to make sure that it does not spike to high before I go adding more to the tank, I am aware that I cant add to many fish to this size tank. Thanks in advance for any info.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
The lighting will really depend on what types of corals/light-dependant inverts you wish to keep. I suggest IDing some corals you wish to keep and building a system around their specific lighting requirements. Type of light and wattage is important.

I was trying to see if you`ve cycled the tank yet. If you have not please go fishless. But Lando is very right. Figure out what you want and then buy the light you need.

OOOP'S I forgot to say that the tank has been up and running for about 4 weeks with out any fish until yesterday, which I had just added the green chromis.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I also need to know once I start adding corals either soft or hard is it advisable to add one at a time and wait to see how the chemistry of the water changes or not. One other thing how can I tell if I have any dead spots in my tank?
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom