2nd Best Solution for Live Rock Online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking to get some advice on great live rock online since liverocks.com is not currently available due to Hurricane Wilma.

What is the 2nd best online solution behind liverocks.com if u are looking for live rock with good life and critters?

My lfs's around here don't cut it really. :(

I have ordered a decent amount of rock from Premium Aquatics as well. I am very happy with the rock. It has a lot of coralline and comes in very interesting shapes. I agree with Jermz though, there are not a whole lot of hitchhikers that come with the rock. I got some bristle worms, feather dusters, and a couple aptasia, but that's about it.

tripper

They still are out of stock from Wilma??? That was a few weeks ago. I would think they would have gotten back up and running. Our waters usually clear up pretty quick after a hurricane.

The week I was planning to order lierock happened to be the same week Wilma hit. I'm willing to wait though. The Live rocks around here cost double and isn't even worth half the cost IMO. Hopefully they'll get back up within a couple weeks.

I got my first batch of rock from www.liveaquaria.com. It was really nice fiji rock but did not have any critters on it. They put it on sale from time to time. I like have fiji and FL rock in my system.

Getting some...

Decided to go with floridaliverocks...their deco rock and some sand. Getting the rock for $198 delivered (30 lbs.) Should be arriving on Tuesday. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it looks on arrival.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. :D

Rock is nice...

I'll post some pics soon...the rock looks nice...lots of sponges (getting some die-off), lots of tube corals, clams, worms and macro. Also have a gargonian. Had quite a few small brittle stars...not sure if they made it or not...haven't seen them since putting them in the tank. I've yet to see any crabs or mantis. No popping sounds so thats a good sign i guess.

Could have been better in the coralline department..but oh well. I cycled in 4 days with the new rock. I already had about 30 lbs of LFS rock in the tank.

I have these round yellow sponge type things that when they appear to die-off then split open. I've experienced pretty minor die-off thus far so am very happy. I can definitely recommend floridaliverocks.com.

Re: Rock is nice...

haub said:
I'll post some pics soon...the rock looks nice...lots of sponges (getting some die-off), lots of tube corals, clams, worms and macro. Also have a gargonian. Had quite a few small brittle stars...not sure if they made it or not...haven't seen them since putting them in the tank. I've yet to see any crabs or mantis. No popping sounds so thats a good sign i guess.

Could have been better in the coralline department..but oh well. I cycled in 4 days with the new rock. I already had about 30 lbs of LFS rock in the tank.

I have these round yellow sponge type things that when they appear to die-off then split open. I've experienced pretty minor die-off thus far so am very happy. I can definitely recommend floridaliverocks.com.

I will be expecting 30 lbs from them tomorrow too.

awesome...let me know how it goes. I might order some more soon as the majority of it went in my main tank...and i've got a nano project that i want to get going.

Back
Top Bottom