Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-26-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

3 White Lumps/Bumps on New Ocellaris..Doubt Ick

I just picked up 2 new aquacultured ocellaris clownfish 3 days ago. The day after I got them...my wife (I was laid up in bed from a surgical procedure) said one of the clowns had some lumps on it...not being able to see it...I was dreading ick. When I was able to look a him...and he has 3 lumps on it. They are MUCH larger (by 4 to 5 times) than Marine Ick...and they are definatley on outside on the fish..not under the skin like Ick is. He is also not rubbing himself on any rocks like it was Ick or anything.

I have watched him for 2 days..no new lumps..and these lump are not changing. He seems to be swimming and eating as a newly acclimated fish should. My cleaner shrimp molted 3 days ago..so he is keeping a low profile..and not helping out like would be.

Any idea what this could be? Water parameters perfect:

pH 8.2
temp 78.8
Specific Gravity: 1.024
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Phosphate: 0.5ppm
Calcium: 320ppm (I will be increasing soon)

I am just keeping an eye on him at this point. If it was stress induced...moving to a hospital tank would just cause more stress.

Any encouragement would be GREATLY appreaciated!

Thanks!

WC

P.S. I have been attempting a picture..but all too blurry to see the spot so far.

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Could be lympho. Check out Steve-s's article and see if it sounds familiar.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showqu...q=2&fldAuto=43

Old 02-27-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think is definately sounds like Lymphocystis! I am glad it is nothing worse. The fish came from a clown tank with anemoes...all whom where enjoying themselves in the anemoes...perhaps the anemoes where taking care of the lympho. I hope it will start going away by itlself. I try to keep the water parameters very good...perhaps I will give a couple water changes this week and see what happens.

Thanks

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bump, bumps, ick, lump, ocellaris

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com