3 White Lumps/Bumps on New Ocellaris..Doubt Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up 2 new aquacultured ocellaris clownfish 3 days ago. The day after I got them...my wife (I was laid up in bed from a surgical procedure) said one of the clowns had some lumps on it...not being able to see it...I was dreading ick. When I was able to look a him...and he has 3 lumps on it. They are MUCH larger (by 4 to 5 times) than Marine Ick...and they are definatley on outside on the fish..not under the skin like Ick is. He is also not rubbing himself on any rocks like it was Ick or anything.

I have watched him for 2 days..no new lumps..and these lump are not changing. He seems to be swimming and eating as a newly acclimated fish should. My cleaner shrimp molted 3 days ago..so he is keeping a low profile..and not helping out like would be.

Any idea what this could be? Water parameters perfect:

pH 8.2
temp 78.8
Specific Gravity: 1.024
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Phosphate: 0.5ppm
Calcium: 320ppm (I will be increasing soon)

I am just keeping an eye on him at this point. If it was stress induced...moving to a hospital tank would just cause more stress.

Any encouragement would be GREATLY appreaciated!

Thanks!

WC

P.S. I have been attempting a picture..but all too blurry to see the spot so far.

I think is definately sounds like Lymphocystis! I am glad it is nothing worse. The fish came from a clown tank with anemoes...all whom where enjoying themselves in the anemoes...perhaps the anemoes where taking care of the lympho. I hope it will start going away by itlself. I try to keep the water parameters very good...perhaps I will give a couple water changes this week and see what happens.

Thanks

WC

Back
Top Bottom