320g build/journey/experiment :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a small point...Do intend to fasten the rocks together...ie: super glue or quick zip ties or something to that nature? The reason I ask is that those rocks are stacked pretty high and I would hate for them to fall and crack your tank. You cannot believe the strength an Urchin has at going between rocks and knocking things over.

Just a small point...Do intend to fasten the rocks together...ie: super glue or quick zip ties or something to that nature? The reason I ask is that those rocks are stacked pretty high and I would hate for them to fall and crack your tank. You cannot believe the strength an Urchin has at going between rocks and knocking things over.

I plan on attaching some of them... the smaller ones that are not completely stable. I plan on using liquid acrylic... drys fast, cures fast, is reef safe and holds surface to surface... so if I have to I can take them apart(damaging the rock slightly to separate).

That's great GM, I would hate for you to have a landslide after all that work. Also be sure to take the rock all the way down to the bottom of the tank before you add any sand. Gobies and psudochromis like to dig.

YAY!!! I finally got my hole saw... I will be putting the tank on the stand on Saturday :D

Here are the holes I cut... took about 5-10 minutes each... A little fast I think that's why the glass got chipped...

The hole I cut next to my 3 overflow holes.
img_1139262_0_badba228d9a941d1427592792017f779.jpg

The hole on the far side of the tank
img_1139262_1_29aaa5af63cd9a38b7a5cd48446cae92.jpg

Both holes will be for the line in. I hope that the build will start to finally come together once the tank is on the stand.

Looks great! Minor chips won't show outside of the bulkheads, so no worries. :)

I agree, putting the tank on the stand is one of those milestones that reminds you that you're making progress in a process as long and drawn out as yours is, lol.

Can't wait to see more updates!

Put some silicone or something in and around that chip. One wrench turn too much on that bulkhead and you will go from a chip to a crack really fast. Trust me.

YAY! I had 9 people come over today and help me to put my tank on the stand and move it into place :D we also had 2 beam lifters to get the tank to the proper height so we didn't kill anyone or brake anything (then I would have been killing people...) so the tank is in place and I spent about 2 hours putting the rock in place, the sand and I also put 10" of water in the tank to help me to get the sand into the crevices (it didn't work too well though cause now I can't see where the sand needs to go :lol: oh well)
I would have taken some pictures but my batteries died... will post pics tomorrow though (I hope).

So I have some other pictures of the rock going in... after my brother and a bunch of others helped me move the tank he got out his camera and took some pictures as I was putting the rock in... anyways here is the tank ready for plumbing :D

The left side

img_1141628_0_effdcf60cd05240d33fdf4a618d009b1.jpg

The right side

img_1141628_1_6382cd9cb3d78994bbb6356634045194.jpg

FTS with the bottom tank in the mix as well.

img_1141628_2_bca5b8b2c01eb6a16726172bd7d7de3a.jpg

You'll have to buy your wife a new potted plant...that one now looks dinky next to that tank :D Very sweet indeed

Gm very nice indeed. Looks like you are on your way to a nice looking reef.

SO SICK AND SO REDUNCULOUS!!!!!!! i was planning on something like that, but never knew how to make it =[ time to do some reading, i was going to do that with pots if anything, just got to find out which glue is good for aquariums ^_^

Looks awesome man!

When you cycle this, I would cover the back and sides as much as I could from the sun. With all the excess nutrients, the sun will help all sorts of bad algae blossom.

How are those lights coming?

Great look, just want to check that you took TC's advice to place the rock on the glass and the sand around it. It looks looks like the rock is on top of the sand.

Back
Top Bottom