320g build/journey/experiment :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are not going to add fish til sept. 6 right? I told my 3 yo (about to be 4 on sept 6) that you were adding fish for his b-day. :p

I think I can trick him. just make sure you let me know before you post pictures cause he follows this thread.

when he gets home from school he says "daddy, can we see the giant fish tank." and then I must read every post to him:D

wow they are starting early these days. Thats almost as impressive as the fact that a 3 yo can keep interest in 1000 pages of words that mean nothing to them. I can barely understand most of this.

You are not going to add fish til sept. 6 right? I told my 3 yo (about to be 4 on sept 6) that you were adding fish for his b-day. :p

I think I can trick him. just make sure you let me know before you post pictures cause he follows this thread.

when he gets home from school he says "daddy, can we see the giant fish tank." and then I must read every post to him:D

I'll let you know the day they are coming when once the order is placed.

So now the results are:

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
PH 8.1-8.3
KH 80
Calcium 360
Salinity/SG 1.0255

Jimbo7... my cycle is over... even though the chunks are still hanging around :D
I don't think your cycle is over until you see your nitrates start to go up.

I don't think your cycle is over until you see your nitrates start to go up.

....After 2 days these are my current levels.

Ammonia 0.6
Nitrite 0.2
Nitrate 5

I did use an additive by Seachem... it's called Stability®....

They went up then went down... I believe that I'm okay and I will continue to add shrimp till the fish come.

Well I couldn't wait... I got my first fish today :D

img_1149571_0_5c1eb31df2eb533e2f5e2aba33471768.jpg

What? you can't see any fish?... neither can I so lets zoom in... I can see one in the picture below... but you need to know where to look.

img_1149571_1_f899313a7a224d7ac0047b2f437bbe28.jpg

Lets zoom in a little more... I think everyone should be able to see one in this picture.

img_1149571_2_0b891872464f1d2a67442917de1021fa.jpg

And zoom one more time for a nice close up shot.

img_1149571_3_13620a7257c06d5ca68d6645ed5d44d2.jpg

If you look really close you can see two fish... it's like wheres Waldo :D

img_1149571_4_f6b893320aecafe586f5f5de4b97ee6e.jpg

Another picture of my two first fish.

img_1149571_5_686e0c8ac25f2575d2a944832f48e5d7.jpg

The Hi Fin Red Banded Goby is also referred to as the Striped Goby, or the Blackray Shrimp Goby.
I believe it is a mated pair... they were hiding in the same rock at the LFS. They still hadn't found each other when I went to bed.

That tank is so big that they might never find each other. lol

Umm... a pretty big disturbance

...I was planning on finishing my lights today... no such luck... my bottom tank gave way... so I now have Rubbermaid tubs as my sump... I think my fish might be dead too... thank cooled down a fair bit. Also with all the disturbance of the sand moving it into my new sump, now I can't see 1" into my tank. I'll post again on Wednesday at the latest.

Aww that sucks :cry: but I guess it's better for it to happen in the beginning than after your tank is fully stocked and all set up. Hopefully they'll still be ok.

It was an old tank... also the Styrofoam wasn't underneath it properly and ended up putting pressure on the edge pushing it away from the bottom glass.

The water is cleared up a bit... I believe that both fish are dead... I blame the LFS for the first fish to die (she squeezed the fish in the net to stop it from flopping around in the net...) but the second I believe was because of the accident.

Back
Top Bottom