320g build/journey/experiment :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a very nice tank

Last edited by a moderator:
You should start a new thread that has a quick summary at the beginning. This one is very long and not many people will want to read through 57 pages haha, might solve some of the confusion.

Also, I'd appreciate any tips you might have. I'm upgrading from a 125 to a 300 later this year.

You should start a new thread that has a quick summary at the beginning. This one is very long and not many people will want to read through 57 pages haha, might solve some of the confusion.
But that would take time and energy... I'm not confused... most of the time :D
Plus they don't like duplicate threads.

They do work, I lied. They just weren't working when I viewed last (perhaps photobucket was having problems).

I am amazed, in part by the tank, but mostly by the patience involved. I couldn't do that.

Good on you for having the construction part down. I would try something like this (because I love a good DIY project) but I start getting frustrated at work and energy involved and start hating the project I'm doing and rush it.

From reading the beginning posts, I was thinking "this dude knows what he's doing and there's going to be no hitches". But, it goes to prove that even when you KNOW what you're doing, unexpected things happen.

It seems like it let you down a little bit and you got discouraged. Understandable! The best laid plans... you know what they say.

It seems now that you are back on track to having a bada*s showquarium!

I am eagerly following along and can't wait (because I have no patience) to see this thing blooming with life!

(PS: Is your wife mad about losing the window view? And adorable kids!)

They do work, I lied. They just weren't working when I viewed last (perhaps photobucket was having problems).

I am amazed, in part by the tank, but mostly by the patience involved. I couldn't do that.

Good on you for having the construction part down. I would try something like this (because I love a good DIY project) but I start getting frustrated at work and energy involved and start hating the project I'm doing and rush it.

From reading the beginning posts, I was thinking "this dude knows what he's doing and there's going to be no hitches". But, it goes to prove that even when you KNOW what you're doing, unexpected things happen.

It seems like it let you down a little bit and you got discouraged. Understandable! The best laid plans... you know what they say.

It seems now that you are back on track to having a bada*s showquarium!

I am eagerly following along and can't wait (because I have no patience) to see this thing blooming with life!

(PS: Is your wife mad about losing the window view? And adorable kids!)
Ya... I got upset at the build a few times... my tank sat dry for maybe 2 months at one point...

And no, my wife doesn't mind that we can't see the busy street out our window anymore. (thanks about the kids... they are going to be trouble in a few years... I need to take up hunting or something... something where I can own a gun.)

Well the controller is supposed to get here any day now... But I couldn't wait...

I see LIFE in my tank... for a day or two at least :)
Here are my test subjects... Hope you live a long time buddies.
img_1302133_0_d6361c11452f266f20e58f4c02ea16f5.jpg

img_1302133_1_567767fbd3088fd5ea006e0304d9fc12.jpg

They are less sensitive to ammonia/nitrite then fish (I don't have problems with either.) But they are more sensitive to chemicals and heavy metals.

Yes the hermit has changed shells for the third time... I think he has finally found the best one for his size that my tank has to offer... The snail spends most of it's time under the sand and all you can see is the black tube sticking out, but the tube moves every night so it must be still alive :D

Back
Top Bottom