Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #291
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your drawings suck! take a course in paint if you are going to post it in public.
Nice going I am following along. Great!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:46 AM   #292
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yawn...oh...sorry

actually very cool, still don't have a clue but really tryin'. TC is being too hard on you. Paint sucks to work with

Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #293
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
Your drawings suck! take a course in paint if you are going to post it in public.
Nice going I am following along. Great!!!
When I asked "What do you guys think?" I was asking about the layout not my drawing in paint abilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capj64 View Post
Yawn...oh...sorry

actually very cool, still don't have a clue but really tryin'. TC is being too hard on you. Paint sucks to work with
Think of each of those squares each as a little light... the color you see represents the color of the bulb (dramatized so you can see the difference between the white and warm white).
TC is just being himself... I haven't been here very long and I already realize that he doesn't even take himself seriously all that much (except when he gets mad ) You rock TC!
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #294
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think it would be wiser to avoid crossing the wires. It would make maintenance easier if one diode were to putter out. Just my 2cents. I understand you're trying to wire in a parallel but perhaps if you just used different colored wire for each color bulb things would be easier lol.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #295
AA Team Emeritus

Where did you buy all this from? I want to see if there are any spec sheets or something on these. Pretty interesting looking.

Are these the dealxtreme ones?
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #296
Aquarium Advice Regular

Crepe has a good point, but I also understand where you're coming from with the placement. Don't want the columns of different light temperatures to really show in the tank, so his idea of using different colored wires makes perfect sense. Hope it looks awesome!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #297
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
When I asked "What do you guys think?" I was asking about the layout not my drawing in paint abilities...

Think of each of those squares each as a little light... the color you see represents the color of the bulb (dramatized so you can see the difference between the white and warm white).
TC is just being himself... I haven't been here very long and I already realize that he doesn't even take himself seriously all that much (except when he gets mad ) You rock TC!
You know me, it's late and I love to read your thread. I am excited for you and look forward to a beautiful tank. I use google sketch myself.
TC
T
Old 07-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #298
AA Team Emeritus

Hurray google sketchup. I usually use autoCAD at work. Its an ancient version. Did you wire these yet? I read they dissipate MASSIVE heat so be careful.
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:56 AM   #299
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe View Post
I think it would be wiser to avoid crossing the wires. It would make maintenance easier if one diode were to putter out. Just my 2cents. I understand you're trying to wire in a parallel but perhaps if you just used different colored wire for each color bulb things would be easier lol.
The wires will not be crossed like that... it was just for illustration of the fact that those LED's will all be on the same controller. The order of the controller is also how I plan on having my lights turn on/off (5 min between each controller)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7 View Post
Where did you buy all this from? I want to see if there are any spec sheets or something on these. Pretty interesting looking.
Are these the dealxtreme ones?
I got them from e-bay... just type in a search for "20w LED" you will get a bunch of stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo1K9 View Post
Crepe has a good point, but I also understand where you're coming from with the placement. Don't want the columns of different light temperatures to really show in the tank, so his idea of using different colored wires makes perfect sense. Hope it looks awesome!
I plan on using different color/marked wires for them... worst case scenario, I have to take off and re-attach some LED's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
You know me, it's late and I love to read your thread. I am excited for you and look forward to a beautiful tank. I use google sketch myself.
TC
T
Never used it before I will give it a whirl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7 View Post
Hurray google sketchup. I usually use autoCAD at work. Its an ancient version. Did you wire these yet? I read they dissipate MASSIVE heat so be careful.
They have not been wired yet... and did you see my large water cooled heat sink?
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #300
Aquarium Advice Activist

Looking great so far. How are you going to attach the leds to the heatsink(thermal wise), thermal paste or tape?

Tags
20 gallon, build, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com