Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #791
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ich is a pain. During my treatment cycle irecently lost my flasher wrasses. I did get rid of the ich tho. I had a school of 4 of them. I miss them.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #792
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqasnatch
Ich is a pain. During my treatment cycle irecently lost my flasher wrasses. I did get rid of the ich tho. I had a school of 4 of them. I miss them.
So the wrasses had ich or did something else kill them? I always heard wrasse hardly ever caught ich.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #793
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sorry to hear about the ich.

Good luck!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #794
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandJ View Post
So the wrasses had ich or did something else kill them? I always heard wrasse hardly ever caught ich.
My wrasses are the ones that have it worst... my gobies and clownfish have none (they don't ever see the cleaner shrimp either) My tangs are almost clear. But my wrasses are having a harder time of getting rid of it.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #795
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I use to get ich every time I added a new fish. Over the past 10 years, I have seen none. I believe the ich issues can also be controlled by excellent water quality, healthy feeding and lots of filter feeders in the reef.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #796
Aquarium Advice Addict

I noticed the Ich on my tangs Monday afternoon and proceeded to monitor my tank. I couldn't see Ich on any of my other fish. My tangs didn't stay still enough for me to get a good picture of them, mostly the Ich was on their fins and face. But two of the less dominant ones had Ich all over. I watched closely all afternoon until lights out. When all that was left was the blue LED's I saw more Ich. My wrasses were covered in it. I couldn't see the Ich under normal light but under the blues was a different story.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #797
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I hope it clears up soon and you don't have to catch all of them.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #798
Aquarium Advice Addict

I won't even try. As well things seem to be improving... (but it could just be the life cycle of Ich)
Old 06-20-2011, 03:13 AM   #799
Aquarium Advice Addict

Adding to the saga of trials and "FUN"
Well something has happened that I wasn't expecting... I'm having massive Cyano die off and some type of green algae (that I have wanted to grow) has started growing. But today it was huge the amount of Cyano that was lifting off the rocks or just decomposing where it was. There is still lots there but I would say close to 20% is dead or dieing within just a couple days... I was not expecting this and I don't finish work till later tomorrow so I hope that there are no deaths while it goes through this transition. All of the die off of Cyano is creating an ammonia spike and it's at .5, Nitrites are at .3, and nitrates are at almost 0. I was not expecting the die off to happen so quickly so I don't have any bottled bacteria on hand to help to jump start the populations in the tank... I'll keep you updated over the next 2 days (I have Tuesday off so I'll post Tuesday night if not sooner)
Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #800
Aquarium Advice Addict

wow cyano then ich.. sounds a lot like what my tank is doing

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 gallon, build, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com