320g build/journey/experiment :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G,I'm glad you didn't gets killed. You need to put one of those cover plates on that plug for your LED's to prevent someone from unpluging it.Please don't forget the basics. QT, test your water, observe your tank, and patience. The hardest part of saltwater tanks is the setup....please use common senses and look before you leap.

I like your idea of using a controller to turn off your lights when the heat-sink gets too hot. Saves your lights if the pumps breaks, or cooling pipe leaks all the fluid out, or cooling pipe gets a block in it and stops circulating or anything else that might stop the water flow, but keep your lights cooking.

wow i am just amazed at the size of this tank, your little helper is adorable, and wow the troubles you have faced are shocking, i feel as if im reading a novel about the great fish tank up north! (im in the states) i did not notice you post but i thought i would ask anyways...with all this going on roughly how much have you spent/still need to spend to get everything up and running fully stocked and all that($)? ball park? and good work i give major props to you and your tank, are you going to give the big city aquariums a run for there money? :p

I have spent most of the money that I got from my accident but I still have a bit left for stocking the tank and getting a few more toys... (a controller).
Money stuff I don't like to talk about much but basically I was in a motorcycle accident and I got about $20,000 I put half aside for my tank.
Custom tank with 1" thick glass: $4,500
Custom LED's with other stuff:aprox $3,000
Sand and supply's for rock and stand: $1,000
Controller with everything I need: aprox $1,000
That leaves about $500 or so for fish...

I have spent most of the money that I got from my accident but I still have a bit left for stocking the tank and getting a few more toys... (a controller).
Money stuff I don't like to talk about much but basically I was in a motorcycle accident and I got about $20,000 I put half aside for my tank.
Custom tank with 1" thick glass: $4,500
Custom LED's with other stuff:aprox $3,000
Sand and supply's for rock and stand: $1,000
Controller with everything I need: aprox $1,000
That leaves about $500 or so for fish...

impressive man. sucks u got such a beautiful thing out of a accident but hey it happens. cant wait to see it all said and done i plan to watch the finishing installments. i could only dream to have such a huge tank.

btw where did u get ur rocks from and how many pounds are in there.

wow im sorry to hear about your accident, but ok so roughly between 9 and 12 thousand. man thats alot well it looks great i cant wait to see the final product!!:D

If I could have spent the 10g on a new bike I would have... but oh well such is life... I probably would have ended up killing myself anyways.

G, You know what they say about bike accidents....Dead right or Dead wrong...no difference..LOL

Ya... someone must have told my wife that one too... oh well. It will be okay once I can finally have some fish. :D

Big tanks are all the more reason to QT. It won't be long before you will be saying "I wish I had gone bigger". lol

I think if anything ever happens to this tank your wife is going to beg you to buy a motorcycle hahahah. I can definitely say that motorcycles are addicting, as are fish tanks. I really hope I can manage to get something bigger than my 75g when I get back from this deployment. I will be headed to El Paso and I'm hoping to get at least a 125g then turn my 75 into a sump. This tank is amazing! Outstanding job!!

I think I love you greenmaster :pimp:

:D ;)

Don't rush it, but... umm... okay PLEASE RUSH IT! :lol: I have been following this thread for months now. I am always excited to see new posts in it. I will be soooo stoked when this launches.

Back
Top Bottom