34 gal. build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, it's a risk you don't need to take. If you were determined to do it, though, I would make sure you break up the line of sight between one side of the tank and the other. I've read that doing that can prevent some territorial fighting.

I have a large L shaped tank where one end of the reef cannot see the other. They still migrate around and fights can still break out, so be careful what you mix.

ill prob pass then. thanks

UPDATE! got some great new additions at a recent frag swap and the best part is that i won them all in a raffle! except the torch frag and staghorn.

2 green rics
2 orange/green rics
1 pederson anemone shrimp
1 rorch frag
1 chestnut cowrie
1 staghorn hermit

I have a question about the shrimp. it is a cleaner shrimp so if i got two skunk cleaners would they all hangout and get along??

I'm not sure about your question but good luck with the staghorn, what lighting are you running again? Because if I remember this right the shell is an SPS coral.

Make sure you check the tank often too because if he falls over you'll have to put him upright

Here's. My toadstool. It's about a foot long up and down and growing more every day!

Attachments

• image-627772916.jpg
    image-627772916.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 88
dream: thanks for the advice! not to sound smug but I was well aware of their problems before i bought but i waited until I found a larger one and i finally found him, ive tested him (not to hi liking :p lol) and flipped him several times and hes very strong and easily uprights. the shell is inded related to acropora but im confident it will be fine, if not i have a large regular shell in there that he can use. thanks for the help though, ill ob have pics up this weekend.

pizza: oh im ready lol this guy is already bigger in my tank than he was in store(prob just opened more) but hese at ast 6 inches in width, love him!

Yea I found a real nice purple one at my lfs for 60. When I get the cash ill def be picking it up. Biocube lighting is enough for one? I may get one for my cube too then

It was suggested to me as a coral to keep in a cube by someone on here that is pretty reputable.

I'll edit in his name in a sec when I find it

Edit: It was pat8you

car window was smashed out and gps was stolen, this is goona set back my "tank budget" alot, no new additions for awhile :/ idiots. anyone have a answer to my shrimp question?

The peterson is a little bluish guy right? I don't think they'd hang out but I don't think they'd have problems, if they do of course seperate them

Back
Top Bottom