34 Gallon ANGLER TANK!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing the video.. Now I'm contemplating angler or anemone........... Thanks!! Haha

I don't know. I didn't ask. I'll just check every day and hope I catch one

I just checked again and they have a really mean looking wartskin! It's similar colors to ours though but a little darker. Really beat though.

Ya, I saw that one. It is cool looking, but It looks too close to ours. I want to add one that looks different. I either want white/red wartskin or the red/orange wartskin

I 100% agree with you. I will add another but I really want a red or orange. Or possibly white. I've only seen a few though.

So I have some really sad news. Fluffy passed away either late last night or this morning. Last night we moved a small colony of zoas into my tank, like 5 or 6 polyps, (we already have zoas in there) and a few minutes later I checked on them and they were open. I saw fluffy at the bottom. He'd eaten a few hours before (half a silverside) and he looked normal. All of a sudden he started shaking really badly then gaped his mouth open and darted into the rocks. He squeezed himself into a cave and stayed there. I thought maybe I startled him because the lights were off. When I checked on him this morning he was still there. So I took the rocks out figuring he possibly couldn't get out on his own and he was dead. Frozen in a weird position with his mouth gaped open. I'm really upset because I don't know if I was the reason he died. Of never seen him shake like that, looked like he was being electrocuted. The chromis are fine and so are the crabs, snails, and corals. Anyone ever see anything like that or hear about it? Maybe the food did it? I waited a few days since the last feeding and its only small pieces. I feel so awful. :(

So sorry to hear that!! I bought one of those Chinese sweet lips. And I went to try and spot feed it . And as soon as I got the food next to its mouth. It darted across the tank and started hitting things. Then just laid there and died.. Why I have no idea.. How often we're you feeding fluffy?

Oh no. So sorry to hear this. I have been quietly checking in on how things have been going with this project as I was really intrigued. So sorry for the loss of a fish you prepared so long and well for...

Oh Faye! That is such heartbreak. Maybe the food got clogged in somewhere it wasn't supposed to. It could have been a freak accident. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. We feel for you!! <3

Thanks everyone. If he was sick at all I wouldn't be so upset. But he was eating fine, moving around fine, doing everything normal until that weird "seizure" episode. I'm going to look for another but I don't know how soon. I don't want to just replace him but my tank is so boring and sad now.

Back
Top Bottom