34 Gallon ANGLER TANK!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah def no shrimp. But thanks for the info. I was worried about the crabs. One more thing I'm curious of is nems. I doubt a nem would be appetizing to an angler so I'm probably going to (in the long run) get a few rock nems. I have one in my 75 gal now and I'm in love. :)

Following along. I want to get a 120g this summer and turn my 35g into an angler tank as well! I am excited to see how yours turns out Faye. Did you decide on a color? One with white would really stand out in that tank.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a wartskin or a painted angler. So I def want bright colors which is why I did the black sand. I'm super excited! But super impatient. Lol. A few more weeks.....

Yes I know. But my rocks are purple so either way he'll be cool! Just ibises squad aping with the other 16 pounds of to k I picked up today. So now I have about 40 pounds in the tank. I'll take pics later on. Actually I'm running out now to someone house who has a whole bunch of corals for sale (for my 75 gallon) I'm super addicted to this hobby. :)

Wow thank the Gods i thought i had drank way to much :blink: That fish is going to look so cool Black sand with purple rocks and then corals to add more color, I cant wait.

I can't wait either. I don't say much, but I am always following/creeping on threads. Lol. I have more to learn than I have to teach! This tank is something I'm excited about learning about. :)

I can't wait either. I don't say much, but I am always following/creeping on threads. Lol. I have more to learn than I have to teach! This tank is something I'm excited about learning about. :)

^Agree haha and yes I can't wait to see the color of that fish with the purple and black! The wartskin I saw in my lfs was white with red dots! Idk if beautiful is the word to describe it but it was cool haha

Ok here's the pics. Halides then LEDs. Don't mind the magnet. It fell off and I had already washed my hands and I'm lazy so ill grab it tomorrow. This is the finished aquascape. Tell me what you all think! Opinions are great and will not offend. Thx!

Oh and the last pic I had to add is the new gold wall hammer I just picked up for the other tank. It was just acclimated so its not fully opened yet. Snagged it for $100 and its huge!

Attachments

• image-2355009858.jpg
    image-2355009858.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 197
  • image-1761064097.jpg
    image-1761064097.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 171
  • image-1171021219.jpg
    image-1171021219.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 183
^Agree haha and yes I can't wait to see the color of that fish with the purple and black! The wartskin I saw in my lfs was white with red dots! Idk if beautiful is the word to describe it but it was cool haha

Lol. I think you can totally call a wart skins beautiful.

Cool! I'm not in saltwater but I love to follow along the threads. Most for the HUGE tanks, pred tanks, and tiny tanks :)

Lookin' good so far!

Ok so I added more bottled bacteria (the 3 day cycle one) a few days ago and added 3 chromis at the same time. Fish are doing great, have hermits and snails in there now and all is well. Ammonia and nitrates haven't really moved (ammonia got to .5 but that's it). Still have the diatoms. I feel like I did something wrong. Will I see the large ammonia spike cycling with fish?

You may not see any spike do to all the bottled bacteria you've put in the tank just keep on eye on those nitrates

Back
Top Bottom