35 hex flow tips needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dakotajoe1

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a 35g hex reef tank and cant seem to get good flow. I have a hydor nano 240 gph circulator and a 12" spray bar attcched to my eheim 2217. I currently have them in the back corners facing the front pane and slightly down so it hits the front, goes down and then towards the back. i used to have it so it created a mild cyclone but the center is pretty much dead. any tips are much appreciated

So I have a 35g hex reef tank and cant seem to get good flow. I have a hydor nano 240 gph circulator and a 12" spray bar attcched to my eheim 2217. I currently have them in the back corners facing the front pane and slightly down so it hits the front, goes down and then towards the back. i used to have it so it created a mild cyclone but the center is pretty much dead. any tips are much appreciated

Add another powerhead.

Ive had tanks with up to six powerheads to get out the dead spots, positioning can only do so much for you before you need to cave and get another. I would get atleadt a 425gph though.

Not sure how much flow your spray bar is putting out out but the rule of thumb is 30-50x turnover rate.

Back
Top Bottom