36 x 14 x 18 stock ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nyghtfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I currently have a spare tank with the dimensions above that I was looking at making into a predator or a mantis shrimp tank.
I was looking for ideas of fish or inverts I would be able to keep for life in a tank this size.
Eels tho are out of the question.
And I have kept a mantis before and are well aware of feeding difficulties and burrowing requirements.

I think my 40 gal is similar to that size... I have a six line wrasse, pair of clowns, red fire fish, yellow tang, blue tang (although I know I'll have to upgrade due to the tangs). All my fish are under 3 inches.

I also have a mantis in a separate 20 gal and they are pretty sweet. He's about 2-3 inches. He's got a freakin' penthouse suite going in that 20 gal :)

i loved my mantis to bits, there amazing in what they can do.
i lost my last mantis when he failed in shedding his shell and died half out of it, he was around 6 inch's long :( poor bugger it took me 2 days of watching him to confirm he was dead, was an aggressive little fella and would attempt to attack me if i put my hands in the tank, wasn't willing to remove him until i was sure he was dead just incase :(.

got to love there personality tho, there great crustaceans, quite intelligent.

I have a similar size tank (36" X 18" X 18") cycling now, and my plans are:

Flame Angel
Six-Line Wrasee
2X Oscellaris Clowns
Longnose Hawkfish
Watchman Goby

No not at all. Ideas gone bust with my new job and lacking time to maintain another tank.
My question was I have a spare tank with the above dimensions and was thinking of making it a species tank for a predator. I have experience with mantis shrimp. But was wondering if there was any other predators that would be comfortable in that size tank for life. Fish or invert.

Back
Top Bottom