37g coral lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am soon to be setting up my long planned out 37g and i am starting out as a fowlr but once i get the hang of things i plann to add some frags from my lfs's large selection but im not sure if i have good lighting,i bought the tank used and dont no if my lighting is stock or not cuz it looks pretty bright,so just in case are there any corals that u guys no of that are good in low light and a medium current?

corals

you could go with green star polyps (careful they will spread) mushrooms,and palys for a start.i have these thriving in a low lite 20 gal.hth.ken

Carey im looking foward to ur imput u seem to be some sort of all knowledgable aquarium godess lol!

LOL, nope not a aquarium goddess by a long shot!

BUT I can say any mushrooms and zooas would probably grow just fine.

Can you take a picture of the lighting underneath and the writing on the bulb(s)? Just so we know what you're dealing with. That'd be my first thought before recommending anything else.

I just looked it up and it looks like bullseye mushrooms and green star polyps are perfect for me,anybody got any stories or tips about these?

They will do well in lower light tanks thats for sure. Do you know what the bulbs say on them? That would be a great help.

Not sure wut these mean-120vac,60hz,20w is that bad or good?
I have no idea.

But my GSPs are fantastic. They are extremely hardy. They have still not attached to the rock they are on, since the emerald crab like to go underneath it, and they keep falling off. So they are pretty hardy.

Mushrooms are awesome too. I have a small green ricordia and I love it. They grow really well under low lights. Until you figure out the lighting situation, i would go with mushrooms :):D

Thanks but does anybody know if those #s above are good or bad cuz i have not a clue wen it cums to liting

Just tried finding a 20watt bulb to see what you have got going on. Do you have just one bulb or two?
Or is is it like a double bulb connected together?

Hmm that does limit you to very few corals. You can get mushrooms and maybe some zooas. Not sure about leathers though. Maybe. Any way to upgrade the top and lights or is it a weird shaped tank?

That would be low light at best. T8's are nt known for being the brightest bulbs out there. i can't even find other options as far as spectrum as I can't find a 20watt bulb anywhere.

Nm ur comment didnt show up till i asked but if it helps its in my room near a strong lamp and large tv, plus its near a window,btw its a reg 37g not oddly shaped but i got no money so i might get one of those lights that u stick 2 da wall and click in and put it nxt to my tank

Finally found your bulbs. But they only come in a 6700k spectrum which is ideal for plant and algae growth. I will keep looking and see if they make a marine bulb. It says it's for a sun glo fixture. :)

So would that be good enough for a bullseye mushroom and green star polyps

Back
Top Bottom