4 fish 10 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish grow they are animals they don't stay the size u buy them at!!!! Listen to what people are saying.
If u don't believe them look it up yourself.

Do your own research. Look up each fish u like find out how big it gets and what size tank it needs.

So a fully grown butterfly at 8 in can swim 4 body lengths? Think abt it

OK, I think I'm going to unsubscribe at this point.

no offense Zachey but it's pretty clear that you're going to continue asking for advice and then trying your best to ignore it. Do whatever it is you're going to do, but understand that the advice you're being given is the best way to keep fish and your tank as a whole from ending up dead. By ignoring this advice, most of which has been collected by people who have MADE the same mistakes you're about to, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Putting a butterfly into a 40, is unwise, not suggested, and all around foolish. If you told me it was the ONLY fish you were putting in there, I *STILL* wouldn't recommend it.

I'm by no means an expert. I've been keeping fish only and fowlr tanks for several years and I STILL don't know *everything* there is to know. I'm now getting into reefs, and it's a whole new world of things I know nothing about. I ask a lot of questions on here after trying to do my own research...and you know what? When I see many people giving the same advice I do my best to take it - I don't try to figure out ways to sneak in what I really want despite the best advice against it. If you think you have a way to cram a bigger fish into a smaller tank - I guarantee you someone has tried it before, and sooner or later wound up with a dead fish.

You need to go back to the beginning and rethink your entire strategy, because at this point I haven't seen you propose or accept a single proposal that has any possibility of long term success. You are somoene who I think would benefit GREATLY from finding a good local fish shop and spending some hours there talking shop before buying ANYTHING.

I'm not trying to be cruel or mean - but you're getting into something here and even though people are trying to pass on knowledge it is clearly not taking - which means you shouldn't start buying or setting up ANYTHING yet.

So a fully grown butterfly at 8 in can swim 4 body lengths? Think abt it

No...but a fully grown butterfly at 4 inches can swim 9 body lengths lol (longnose atlantic butterfly)

Just saying, every species has it's small fry :D But it's still probably not a good idea in a 40g.

Go 55g zach...they usually costs as much, if not less than a 40g.

No...but a fully grown butterfly at 4 inches can swim 9 body lengths lol (longnose atlantic butterfly)

Just saying, every species has it's small fry :D But it's still probably not a good idea in a 40g.

Go 55g zach...they usually costs as much, if not less than a 40g.

how could it cost less, also could the longnose atlantic work?

Dude.

RTFM
Its called google
"the Longnose Atlantic Butterfly requires a minimum aquarium size of 50 gallons, and does best if kept in a deep reef tank"

i should have researched my b, how does this stock look
1 lemonpeel
1 maroon clown
1 wrasse of somesort
1 dottyback
3 schooling fish (ideas)

1 lemonpeel
1 maroon clown
1 wrasse of somesort
1 dottyback
3 schooling fish (ideas)

Getting closer. Skip the schooling fish and you're probably just about there...depending on what kind of wrasse, as some of them have much larger tank reqs.

bighabeeb said:
OK, I think I'm going to unsubscribe at this point.

no offense Zachey but it's pretty clear that you're going to continue asking for advice and then trying your best to ignore it. Do whatever it is you're going to do, but understand that the advice you're being given is the best way to keep fish and your tank as a whole from ending up dead. By ignoring this advice, most of which has been collected by people who have MADE the same mistakes you're about to, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Putting a butterfly into a 40, is unwise, not suggested, and all around foolish. If you told me it was the ONLY fish you were putting in there, I *STILL* wouldn't recommend it.

I'm by no means an expert. I've been keeping fish only and fowlr tanks for several years and I STILL don't know *everything* there is to know. I'm now getting into reefs, and it's a whole new world of things I know nothing about. I ask a lot of questions on here after trying to do my own research...and you know what? When I see many people giving the same advice I do my best to take it - I don't try to figure out ways to sneak in what I really want despite the best advice against it. If you think you have a way to cram a bigger fish into a smaller tank - I guarantee you someone has tried it before, and sooner or later wound up with a dead fish.

You need to go back to the beginning and rethink your entire strategy, because at this point I haven't seen you propose or accept a single proposal that has any possibility of long term success. You are somoene who I think would benefit GREATLY from finding a good local fish shop and spending some hours there talking shop before buying ANYTHING.

I'm not trying to be cruel or mean - but you're getting into something here and even though people are trying to pass on knowledge it is clearly not taking - which means you shouldn't start buying or setting up ANYTHING yet.

I agree and at this point im unsuscribing too. Maybe what he needs ia no one trying to help him due to he doesn't listen. Im saving myself the frustration. I just feel bad for the live stock

zacheyp said:
1 lemonpeel
1 maroon clown
1 wrasse of somesort
1 dottyback
3 schooling fish (ideas)

I think that looks good. Do 3 chromis.:)

Guys, he's just spitting out ideas. Were here to help him!!! It's not like he has the tank set up with those fish. He's ASKING.

how could it cost less, also could the longnose atlantic work?

Just look around for tanks. Sometimes, because 55g are more readily produced by the supply and more common, they are pretty cheap.

And no, like I said in the post, it's probably still a bad idea. I was just making a point that it's not all about size - it's about the fish. For example, a 6 inch midas blenny is ok in a 30g, but a 4 inch butterflyfish needs a 50g.

Yes liveaquaria states that a longnose atlantic butterflyfish should be in a min 50g. LA also says that percula clownfish along with six line wrasses and much more should be in a minimum 30g...but just about everyone with a nano tank has those fish in there, soooo... I could probably go to another site and find a different minimum tank size...not sure who deemed liveaquaria GOD cuz I've found many mistakes on there.

Personally, I don't think anything with a larger body shape than a dwarf angel should be in anything less than a 50g.

SwimsWithFish said:
Guys, he's just spitting out ideas. Were here to help him!!! It's not like he has the tank set up with those fish. He's ASKING.

I would norm agree with you. But after multiple threads of about the same things and showing little to no research on his part it is hard to keep trying to help especially when he doesn't listen and asks close to the same thing. He needs to research and read then ask for help. I just started salt water recently and am no where near an expert but I do my best to research before asking for help. I enjoy helping where I can. But after reading idk how many posts by him like this it is very hard to keep tryin to help when its not receptive

SwimsWithFish said:

Ya, i agree, but you didnt read the last 4 pages mattias. Heres how it went

Can i put all of this in a 90?
No.
Why not?
Huge explanation.
Ok, ill put all of this in a 40.
NO!
why not?
MASSIVE explantaion.
Ok, im STILL putting the same stuff in the 40.
Ok thats it, weve had enough

Iv tried to help, but whatev. Cya zach. I hope you learn from the end result of all this...(which could be a disaster)

Back
Top Bottom