Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Freak

I was actually tinkering with the idea of setting up a small seahorse tank myself before our little 5 day power-failure tankageddon struck...I'm hoping Zachy will do it so I can learn a little something about it before attempting it

What can I say, I'm a user lol

caulastrea, green star polyps, palythoa, zoas
bighabeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #142

can u keep corals with seahorses??

Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #143
Aquarium Advice Addict

I believe you can keep some corals like Mushrooms, and other types you can't. Not sure though.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would say very very minimal because you don't want the hitchhikers in the tank. Same for minimal with live rock.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice Freak

Zack with your wants in fish save your money and get a 6 foot tank or at the least a 90 or 110. If you rush and just buy a smaller tank because you are impatient you will never be happy with it and continuosly restocking your tank with fish that don't belong in it. Sit back save up some money do some research on how big certain fish get what there temperment is and what u actually want to accomplish with your tank. Then when you have the money to get started you will be ready for the venture.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice Freak

Personally I am thinking about re-sealing my 90g and turn it into an aggressive tank with
1. Lunar wrasse
1. Lion fish
1. Clown trigger
And maybe a haliquin tusk if I think the tank could handle it.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice Freak

Zach u have a lit of good people giving u good advice. It is wise to listen so u have a great experience without the crashing. Instead of startin multiple possible build threads with what seems what if treads due to not seeing a pic of your set ups listen to the advice u are asking for and do your own research as well so u can enjoy this experience. If u keep on this pace when u actually do need help ppl will be reluctant to help u out
Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #148

i have tried to post pics but for some reason it wont work, what are special requirments for a seahorse tank??
Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #149
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacheyp
i have tried to post pics but for some reason it wont work, what are special requirments for a seahorse tank??
Are you trying to upload pictures from a mobile device?

I am not sure on the requirements for a seahorse tank, but if I had to guess I would say good water parameters and I know that don't like really bright lighting. Some seahorses will gladly take frozen while others refuse all but live foods.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #150
Aquarium Advice Freak

Zack don't just ask random questions you are all over the board do your OWN research first then if you have questions while you are reading and when you are going thru the process then ask and have a discussion about it. You need a plan. There are hundreds of books, mags, succesfull build threads, internet sites out there start reading and figure out what you ultimatly want to accomplish with your tank/s then acquire the supplies needed for this and start your build. At that point if you want start a build thread then you can have a knowledgeable conversation with everyone involved.

Tags
10 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com