4 fish 10 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont own it yet but i do have the money for it, i probably wony be able to start for a few weeks cuz i will be out of town a lot for the few weeks

by soon it may take up to a few months but also im kepping the 20 as sw

i dont really understand but i will take your word for it
how does this stock list look
kole tang
bristletooth tang
2 clowns
1 dwarf angel
1 dottyback
1 foxface lo
1 wrasse of some sort
2-3 other fish (ideas)

If you were to go 75g, I would say one of these tangs. Keep in mind, tangs are known to be ich magnets and stress easy. You'll be repeating all the drama that you're having with your royal gramma right now :( Also, when mixing tangs, you need to get different body types and colors, otherwise they might fight. The bristletooth and kole tang are really similar in shape.

As far as the dwarf angel, you could get that cherub that you wanted :)

I love the 6 line wrasses, but there are sooo many to chose from.

15 fish in a 75 would be alot, unless they were all nano fish lol. There's alot more to consider than gallonage.

I think it's great that you are throwing ideas out there to get feedback, instead of just going and buying the fish outright. Just remember, at the end of the day, this is your tank and your experience. I'm not encouraging you to go out and deliberately kill fish lol, just take all this advice and weigh it carefully. Everyone in this hobby has made poor choices, and that's how we all learned. (y)

Hmmm...if I had a 75g...

kole tang
clownfish pair
six line wrasse or mystery wrasse
firefish goby
golden angelfish (maybe - picky eaters)
fathead sunburst anthia
some type of basslet (black cap or gold assessor or royal gramma)
sleeper goby or tailspot blenny
yellow prawn goby

I think it's good to have a good mix of bottom dwellers and mid to upper level dwellers. I also like to keep mostly peaceful fish. I've thought about schooling fish (chromis), but I'm not completely sold on it lol.

When u r stocking a tank don't just look at how little a fish currently is u have to see its growth potential. Even with those smaller tangs they could approach 6 inches each two clowns can grow to abt 4 inches each that is already of fish potential with a lot of waists so just with those four fish u r leaving very little wiggle room.

2 clowns, 1 tang, 1 lemon peel angel( looks tangish), 1 or 2 smaller reef safe wrasses, and mabey 1 or 2 smaller fish.

Has anyone seen a pic of any of any of zachs tanks

Hmmm...I thought there were pictures posted of his black and orange clownfish when he first got them, but I've looked at soo many posts I could be wrong lol. But no tank pictures.

Back
Top Bottom