4 fish 10 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was actually tinkering with the idea of setting up a small seahorse tank myself before our little 5 day power-failure tankageddon struck...I'm hoping Zachy will do it so I can learn a little something about it before attempting it ;)

What can I say, I'm a user lol

I believe you can keep some corals like Mushrooms, and other types you can't. Not sure though.

I would say very very minimal because you don't want the hitchhikers in the tank. Same for minimal with live rock.

Zack with your wants in fish save your money and get a 6 foot tank or at the least a 90 or 110. If you rush and just buy a smaller tank because you are impatient you will never be happy with it and continuosly restocking your tank with fish that don't belong in it. Sit back save up some money do some research on how big certain fish get what there temperment is and what u actually want to accomplish with your tank. Then when you have the money to get started you will be ready for the venture.

Personally I am thinking about re-sealing my 90g and turn it into an aggressive tank with
1. Lunar wrasse
1. Lion fish
1. Clown trigger
And maybe a haliquin tusk if I think the tank could handle it.

Zach u have a lit of good people giving u good advice. It is wise to listen so u have a great experience without the crashing. Instead of startin multiple possible build threads with what seems what if treads due to not seeing a pic of your set ups listen to the advice u are asking for and do your own research as well so u can enjoy this experience. If u keep on this pace when u actually do need help ppl will be reluctant to help u out

i have tried to post pics but for some reason it wont work, what are special requirments for a seahorse tank??

zacheyp said:
i have tried to post pics but for some reason it wont work, what are special requirments for a seahorse tank??

Are you trying to upload pictures from a mobile device?

I am not sure on the requirements for a seahorse tank, but if I had to guess I would say good water parameters and I know that don't like really bright lighting. Some seahorses will gladly take frozen while others refuse all but live foods.

:)

Zack don't just ask random questions you are all over the board do your OWN research first then if you have questions while you are reading and when you are going thru the process then ask and have a discussion about it. You need a plan. There are hundreds of books, mags, succesfull build threads, internet sites out there start reading and figure out what you ultimatly want to accomplish with your tank/s then acquire the supplies needed for this and start your build. At that point if you want start a build thread then you can have a knowledgeable conversation with everyone involved.

Are you trying to upload pictures from a mobile device?

I am not sure on the requirements for a seahorse tank, but if I had to guess I would say good water parameters and I know that don't like really bright lighting. Some seahorses will gladly take frozen while others refuse all but live foods.

:)

i tried from my iphone

Zack don't just ask random questions you are all over the board do your OWN research first then if you have questions while you are reading and when you are going thru the process then ask and have a discussion about it. You need a plan. There are hundreds of books, mags, succesfull build threads, internet sites out there start reading and figure out what you ultimatly want to accomplish with your tank/s then acquire the supplies needed for this and start your build. At that point if you want start a build thread then you can have a knowledgeable conversation with everyone involved.

not beng random but just so i have something to reasherch what type of seahores(s) would you reccomend?

I have never entertained that thought so I can say I have zero knowledge in that field. Sorry but for starters just google seahorse tank requirements. You will get a ton of pages.

From reading thru this thread it sounds like you want movement and colors in your tank seahorses kinda just float around and don't have much color to them. I also know there is almost very other fish u could house with them.

Shortest answer on seahorses is that they require a species specific tank...meaning no other fish. The reason (and this is all from research not experience) is that seahorses are extremely slow moving - which means if you have other faster fish they'll steal all the food before the horses can eat. I've heard that they CAN work with pipefish, and some other small, slow movine fish...but all around I'd guess it'd be better off to go just seahorses.

in addition, while you CAN do some corals I don't know that I'd recommend it - simply put seahorses use their tails to anchor to stuff, and this can and will damage sensitive corals.

Check here:
http://aquarium-fish.liveaquaria.com/search?p=Q&lbc=liveaquaria&uid=23892708&ts=custom&w=seahorse&af=cat1:marinefish&isort=score&method=and&ts=results

Some cool, interesting stuff. I think the kudas are beautiful, and the fact that they're tank bred is a nice bonus.

What he said lol

I was going by the little reading I have done on them. And yes they are beautifull fish just doesn't seem to be what Zack is trying to accomplish by reading his posts.

i dont thimk seahorses are for me, going back to the 40 idea how does this stocking look
1 maroon clown
1 lemonpeel angel
1 small puffer (suggestions)
1 dottyback
1 nano fish

Back
Top Bottom