4 fish 10 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hiya all,
Right now I am setting up a 10 gal qt to treat for ich ): however when I am done treating I want to se the tank as a desktop reef display. While I will add corals my question is would four fish be too many.
The fish would be
X1 clownfish
X1 bangaii cardinal fish
X1 some type of goby
X1 some other fish ( ideas???)

zacheyp said:
Hiya all,
Right now I am setting up a 10 gal qt to treat for ich ): however when I am done treating I want to se the tank as a desktop reef display. While I will add corals my question is would four fish be too many.
The fish would be
X1 clownfish
X1 bangaii cardinal fish
X1 some type of goby
X1 some other fish ( ideas???)

Yep. Way to many. I am adding 6 fish to my 30 gallon, so i definatly wouldnt add any more than 1 nano fish (NO clown), 1 goby and 1 shrimp

Yeah. Clowns can't go in a 10g. You could do a clown goby and a firefish. But I would do more than 2 fish. In a tank that small bad things happen fast.

Say I got the 3 I listed, would the main problem be filtration or aggression?

The problem would be they can't go in a tank that small. Cardinals need 30+ and clowns need 20-30+. Aggresion would be another problem because that a very small tank. Id stick with 2 small fish. And maybe one more fish that doesn't get 1 inch.

zacheyp said:
Say I got the 3 I listed, would the main problem be filtration or aggression?

The problem would be both, and over stocking. Clowns are agressive, cardinals are, and in that small of a space, the goby would be too!

Dont you have a 20 gallon and people are telling you that you are tryin to over stock that tank too! Dude, in small tanks you can have very few fish

SwimsWithFish said:
The problem would be they can't go in a tank that small. Cardinals need 30+ and clowns need 20-30+. Aggresion would be another problem because that a very small tank. Id stick with 2 small fish. And maybe one more fish that doesn't get 1 inch.

+ 1
i would do a firefish (or a nano of similar size) and a small goby with shrimp. Dont push it especially in a small tank where the perimeters could get out of wack quickly and easily

Look into fire fish and clown gobys. They'll do great. Plus, in a tank that small you'll be able to find a nice light for cheap. Your main attraction can be corals and inverts and then have your 2 fish for activity.

Get an arroe crab!! Will be the highlight of your tank.... But it will eat other shrimp and small fish........ Haha

What cheap light(If possible please add link) would you recommend?

Regular ten gallon tanks are 20 inches so ittl hang off each end a little. They don't make 20" fixtures.

SwimsWithFish said:
Regular ten gallon tanks are 20 inches so ittl hang off each end a little. They don't make 20" fixtures.

Ya, thats about the closest you can get

Back
Top Bottom