40 breeder or 65 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright so I've finally come down to it. The 2 tanks ill be choosing from. Which one should I go for? They both have the same footprint but the 65 is just taller, any suggestions? Thanks

It depends on what you're wanting to do for lighting. The 65 gallon will require more lights if you're doing something like T5s, but with LED's the 65 would be the best choice, in my opinion.

:fish2:

I currently have the taotronics on my current aquarium, only 1 fixture tho, it's not really about the lighting, the extra 25 gallons, would it help keep the water parameters more stable? I like the 40 breeder because it isn't to tall so it won't look too bare, but the 65 gallon has more water volume..

If lighting wasn't an issue I would definitely go with the 65. You're right that it's easier to keep more water volume stable. :) I would go with the 65. You can always get some cool open water dwelling fish. Plus, if you have a taller tank you can arrange your rocks in a taller formation to have more space for corals. :)

Yeah you're right about the coral thing, I'm gonna be building my own stand btw. I'll post my entire build once it's started

I currently have the taotronics on my current aquarium, only 1 fixture tho, it's not really about the lighting, the extra 25 gallons, would it help keep the water parameters more stable? I like the 40 breeder because it isn't to tall so it won't look too bare, but the 65 gallon has more water volume..

I just recently downgraded from my 55g to a 40 breeder. And I also have the 1 taotronic led over it. I like the 40g because of the tank dimensions. It's also the perfect size for somewhat a "shallow reef".

Back
Top Bottom