40 breeder reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved my tank last week and everything is looking great. Decided no sump again and just got an aquaclear 110 to use as a refugium
Don't know if that link will work

Oh yeah needed another fish in there so I picked up a koi wrasse the other day

Thanks sniperhank so far so good. Wrasse settled in good and has become best friends with my tail spot blenny.

Nice adornatus. They are a very underrated fairy wrasse IMO. I almost picked one up a while back but decided to go for a flasher instead. Those tail spots are a trip. Have you noticed any coral nipping with him?

Sad to say this one definitely was a jumper found the only spot he could have gotten out and went carpet surfing:(

Decided to get three chromis to add some movement to the tank

They certainly to a good job of it. I tried 3 in mine. I really liked them, until there was just a single left. They will pick each other off one at a time it seems. Good luck on keeping it 3!

I had three in my tank before. two of them lasted together till my tank crashed. One was my puffers best friend they always swam together

They certainly to a good job of it. I tried 3 in mine. I really liked them, until there was just a single left. They will pick each other off one at a time it seems. Good luck on keeping it 3!

So you were right I now have 1 chromis left. The two killed one of them, and yesterday I came home just in time to see my puffer take out the second one. He looked like a great white hitting a seal at the top of the water, he almost breached the surface with the chromis in his mouth. Sad to say but it was awesome to see. Today I spent about half an hour at petsmart getting free snails for him to eat, try to keep him from looking at fish/corals as food. He usually only picks at corals if it is dead/white skeleton showing, unless he's mad at me then he swims over and takes a chunk out of my trumpet coral

Figures... lol. I bet the puffer bombing that chromis was a sight. So he still hasn't taken out a sexy shrimp yet? Got any photos of the puff?

No I lost the sexy shrimp when my skimmer crapped out in September and I lost all livestock but the puffer

Back
Top Bottom