40 Tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ktw020

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 40 tall fish only, the tank has been up and running for 2 months. (pretty boring) but I finished the cycle and am ready for fish. I want to get a few damsels for a few months to be 100% sure all is well and really get the tank established. How many can i house and are there any that arent as agressive?

I have a 40 tall fish only, the tank has been up and running for 2 months. (pretty boring) but I finished the cycle and am ready for fish. I want to get a few damsels for a few months to be 100% sure all is well and really get the tank established. How many can i house and are there any that arent as agressive?

Just make sure that all your fish are semi aggressive or not because I add damsels then when I wanted another type of fish they where killing it because there very territorial and aggressive

I would skip the damsels and put the fish you want in there. One fish at a time and monitor ammonia levels.

I agree with X. It won't take months to see if your cycle worked. Add a fish , monitor ammonia and nitrite levels and if they stay zero for about 3-4 weeks, add another fish. What are your plans long term for fish?

I really want a Flame Angel. not sure if it would be happy in a 40? would love advice for a stock list. I'm open to anything.

Check out places like liveaquaria.com and look at suggested tank sizes. They also have lots of other good info like compatibility.

I would say no to any dwarf angel in anything less than a 75g. If you absolutely had to have an angel, go with a Pygmy ( Flameback or Cherub).

Back
Top Bottom