40g reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratrob57

Aquarium Advice Regular
His is a thread tracking the progress of my 40g reef tank. The first time I set up this tank was a decade ago after 3-4 years of running it from a plexi 25tall with eclipse filter up to a 40 with Hamilton technologies MH hood and HOB wetdry with skimmer.
I always ran heavy live rock and a variety of corals and fish.
Ended up tearing it down In 03 and packing away only the things I could not sell quick like tank stand and canopy.
About 1.5-2 years ago my son and I saw a 25 tall this time glass with eclipse top at Costco for like $50 on clearance it brought back the memories and I scooped it up ran it for a few months with a retro fit 55w PC bulb along side the stocks the I tore it down to re setup my 40 it has been an adventure and is far from complete but here are some progress shots

image-3439561786.jpg
This is it setup as the 25

image-1443319637.jpg

Here it is tore down

image-2712235380.jpg

The 40 being setup with some chopped up 48" PC hood

image-1929982420.jpg

Here is the 40 a couple months after setup I bought more LR Corals and fish this pic is the last I have on my phone but will add more current ones when home

The tank is still running PC lights just a different hood and a penguin bio wheel HOB Some powerheads and a heater PWC's have not been exactly regular but even when neglected my water parameters never get too bad I guess cause I load up on LR and don't have a huge bioload.

Back
Top Bottom