40lbs of Marco rocks coarse aragonite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just finished cleaning up 80 lbs of the coarse aragonite substrate from marco rocks. Overall I'm not disappointed with it as it's about what I was expecting. It seems to be approximately a 50 / 50 mix by volume of different grades of sand. Half is approximately equivalent to the Caribsea Special grade aragonite while the other half is a mix of the equivalent to fiji pink and oolite. I don't have a fine enough screen to separate out the smaller stuff so I can't really find out more specifically what it is.

Pics to follow: 40lbs freshly cleaned
JLJaPIM.jpg

smZm0Y1.jpg

Ok I'm a little confused what/why you are doing...

It's a cheaper aragonite $29 at marco rocks for $40 with free shipping. I went with the coarse grade because personally I don't like the oolite sand and fiji pink is a pita to find. I posted because the posts are few and far between on google about this without anyone ever taking the time to detail anything about it.

I am also about to set up my new 90g reef tank and wanted some substrate for it.

Ohhhh ok got it! Sorry! Been sick for the past few days and still on cold meds...

That's okay! I know the feeling.. right now I'm working on another all nighter so I can get school stuff done before work. My brain is officially goo at this point :) Just taking a minute between all that for my aquariums :)

Alright, that's an interesting way to get substrate...

It is? I just bought a big box of ungraded aragonite and washed it using a strainer I keep handy. It had a secondary effect of screening the finer stuff out while cleaning.

Oh... Sorry I misinterpreted the information. Oops. I thought you had ordered all the sand to just get one of the textures in it... I apologies.

Back
Top Bottom