44gal corner Pentagon reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would use a 250 watter over that tank. what corals do you intend to keep?
if you are going to go with the 150 watter, i have a used pendant here that's a much better brand for less than that cheapo fixture.

well originally i really had not given corals much thought, that is until the 2 plates got into my tank. So now i just trying to come up with something. Not exactly sure which way im gonna go just yet. I also read that it is probably better to get the tank established for a bit first. Hopefully I be heading to LFS this weekend for my first occupants. Be honest with you if I can't do it right I don't want to do it. You not the only one that stated 150 might not be enough. Thats a pretty deep tank i got.
On a side note do you have any favorite LFS that you recommend, I'v been going to Fish Factory in Bristol and wanted to know if there are any others.
Thanks
Graz

plate corals? you mean fungia? they don't need a ton of light. meanwhile, i would want a 250 watter because i would want to lift it a bit off of the tank so that the spread would be wide enough to reach the corners. that's about a 2' square footprint, correct?

i like the hidden reef better than the fish factory. it's just around the corner on new falls rd.

Before i knew what they were a couple of guys at fish factory told me they were plate coral. Though they did say they were low light. I might have to hold off for a bit on the Metal Halide and find a decent HO for the time being. To be honest I have a feeling that by the end of the year my wife and I are gonna start another tank anyhow. Mabye I'll just stay FOWLR and mabye add some mushrooms later.
Thanks for the Hidden Reef tip, hopefully i'll be there this weekend.
Graz

Back
Top Bottom