46g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to just take a break on everything and start on the 200g again. You know there is another weekend again. I want pictures of your zoas. I have found hard SPS corals and zoas are my favorite corals.

Sad news, no interesting zoas out of the tank. Booo. I'll probably order some soon though. I really want some of the brighter ones. Or some blues.

This weekend i'm working a sci fi convention in atlanta. If anyone is nerdy enough to be going to dragon con, come down to gaming reg and say hi :)

Once I get past this busy patch it's tank time! And crunch time at that. I'm aiming for atleast fiberglassed and pond armored by the 14th. *slackslackslack* D:

Im aware that the African Blues Zoas are a very nice type of zoas. You should check them out. Electric Blue zoas are awesome looking as well. I definitely want some blue zoas in my tank also.

I'm not too picky about the blue zoas. They're all pretty. I liked some "whammin watermelon" zoas on zoanthids.com that I really liked. I don't know much about them. I may chance it for these guys though :)

WhamminWatermelons.jpg

Those are exactly the kind i want. there one of my favorite kinds. O ya, FYI i am nerdy enough to go to comi-con and E3. And the way i look at it, i am normal and everyone else is weird.

I work gaming registration. That's way lame. I love it though. :) It's always fun. and Shatner is coming this year! So excited.

But anywho. I think i'll be ordering them. JOM found a review that said good things. I think it might be worth a try for these. I found some others I liked there, unfortunatly they were sold out. :(

PurpleHornetZoosNG.jpg

So I stumbled upon a pretty good haul. I apologize in advance for the terrible pictures. Everything is covered in green algae now, so it's hard to get the glass clean. :(

img_1025830_0_098e7ae9a0f02be669d24737d2fa1a9b.jpg

Star Polyps. No picture can do their color justice. They're BRIGHT green

img_1025830_1_35d8fdd22cf79cfc5fa2c5e464f339de.jpg

Ricordia. There's 3 little ones on here. Couldn't get a good shot of these guys. They're in an awkward spot

img_1025830_2_9def77468999e4aeb22aec9fb3f30e08.jpg

Green toadstool on an even greener rock. There's a second one in the tank but this guy was out already.

img_1025830_3_9d91953bfa144e265845542d90651837.jpg

The HUGE frogspawn. It's awesome.

So update. We have ich. Boo.

The clowns and the mollies seem to have been stricken, I saw one spot on the wrasse, but he was impossible to remove from the last tank, we were removing sand before we found him. The firefish has been unceremoniously moved into the 46, and the 10 is playing QT. Everyone is already looking better. I dosed with metronidazol and am adding garlic to their food. If I see no vast improvement, hypo will be started.

The tank lid was broken, I'd gotten a new strip but no handle so I had left the front piece off. The tank was evaporating like crazy and had a very high salinity. I think that's where the stress came from. Water change, put the lid on anyways and siliconed a toy to it for a handle (I am oh so ghetto). The corals seem much happier.

I also found a newcomer to the tank. The mollies apparently had some fry in the tank. I found a dead one cleaning the tank and found a teeny one swimming around the filter. I may need to rethink having them in there. >>

Thanks to Links, I did get in on the bluezoo deal and ordered some new corals (before the ich). Green zoas, a pink plate and a maze brain are going to be here thursday. :mrgreen:

Soo blue zoo came in. Everything but the plate looks good. Not holding out much hope. Oh well :(

I think the brain might have some damage, it flipped in the bag, but the rest of it looks good. :)

img_1029439_0_88498af0f336d0eb71bdeb36972b1416.jpg

See the little area that looks fuzzy? I think it's angry from shipping. :(

img_1029439_1_bd8de36ba979d64e7c735baedc02c0ab.jpg

Green zoas

img_1029439_2_c6c701b2f4d6f8146f4fa4829ef4491f.jpg

FTS :D

In other news, found a guy on ARC selling the blue zoas and the watermelon zoas I was looking for! Got a frag of each and a frag of blue ricordia. Picking them up at the end of this month. :)

so the plate is actually looking much better. It started to puff up and stick it's tentacles out a bit lastnight/thismorning so I have hopes for it yet. Very exciting.

it seems to have shrunk back in, but it's getting there. :)

I still don't know what happened to the brain. The damage is not so pretty. Doesn't seem to be getting any bigger though. Pulled a little nudibranch off the glass. Hopefully I will not see more. :(

wow. this thread is like update central lately :)

Everyone in qt looks awesome, they're going to hang out for a few more weeks.

Went to look at some different fish stores today, my favorite doesn't do much fw. I went in search of a ram for the fw tank. Found the ram, also found daisy polyps. They were the first polyp I saw when I first thought about saltwater. So they found their way into the tank. My bf found some green carpet mushrooms (rhodactis sp.) that he wanted badly, so we now have those. Pics to come, probably tomorrow :mrgreen:

Looks awsome! Sorry to hear about the ich. Ahhh I see you have the crappy seaclone.....Mine worked good for about 2 months, now I'm wondering how well it'll burn....

so the plate is looking better. Cyano is all over the place, I cant do enough siphoning. But we're working on it.
New things!

We got some yellow polyps. (not my choice)
img_1033475_0_03ac242f3d055eb07b83aaa1f5dd51ea.jpg

A coco worm. (again, not my choice)
img_1033475_1_7bed574f3a37f8f15c87cf0391ef6eda.jpg

And a lamarck's angel. He's hiding in a pile of rocks so sorry no picture :( He's pretty though :)

We had to split up the qt, the clowns killed one molly but the other two are beat up, and thriving.

The clowns are hiding in a biocube as we speak, ich free and happy :)
img_1033475_2_6074cb33b6285810eb518cec5401aa01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom