5 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a pic of my 5.5g Fluval Spec V

I have the Marineland reef capable led lights (wouldn't recommend). I removed all the stock filtration except part of the sponge and run purigen/carbon when I feel its needed. Other than that the filtration is all biological; live rock, sand bed, chaeto, caulerpa. And of course bi-weeklyish water changes. Also added another powerhead for more circulation.

Not to hijack the thread, but when my wife saw this, she wants me to transition my oldest daughter's spec v to reef :)

Ok thanks. I like the looks of LEDs I just wanted to make sure it would be a good choice

A 5 gal reef tank is really a big challenge specially for a first timer. I hope you don't include fish in your stocking cause it will only mess up your water parameter.

I don't plan on adding fish. I want to work with corals then get a bigger tank for fish.

One other reason to like LEDs compared to fluorescent lights that hasn't been mentioned is that it creates a nice shimmering effect with the rippling surface water.

Back
Top Bottom