50+ Flower Rock Anemone Babies help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flow863

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just recieved my order form aquascapers.com of 2 rock flower anemones and a third free one and I noticed something
Small white speckles stuck to the bag
A closer looked revealed them to be dozens of newborn baby Rock anemones

How do I place them in the tank in order for them to survive and grow?

ForumRunner_20130612_175822.jpg

If you have that many I would get a 10g to keep them in till they get bigger than trade them at your pet shop for credit
I just traded around 20 urchins for credit and I'm still finding more

Hahaha I just bought another rock flower nem and it did the same thing! Only two babies though. I have them in a cup with holes clipped to my tank. One looks great, he's attached and open, the other doesn't look so good. My app won't let me post a pic though. Says I'm at my quota. I don't know what that means.

Hahaha I just bought another rock flower nem and it did the same thing! Only two babies though. I have them in a cup with holes clipped to my tank. One looks great, he's attached and open, the other doesn't look so good. My app won't let me post a pic though. Says I'm at my quota. I don't know what that means.

Awesome post on photo bucket and put the link on here

Goodluck
I placed all of mine in the tank and let them attach to rocks
I would be happy if even a feww make it to adulthood
Lol

LoL

that means it's time to open a free photobucket account and post from there(y)

I did some reading that said the sexually produced rock flower nems will not have the same color combos as their parents. So basically, many shots of some awesome color combos incoming.

This is pretty cool. I let my mini maxi carpets split naturally. However, rock/flower nems will not split and reproduce sexually. For the price these guys go for, you did get a good buy!

I highly recommend feeding the baby's mysis or DTs phyto until they can eat frozen brine. They will be sensitive to light, more so than the parents.

Here ya go! It's a pic of them in the bag. You can see the edge of the mommy nem, then the white guy near the bottom is a baby (he's near a bit of algae) and slightly above that to the right is the other baby but he's upside down. My lights are out so ill take a pic of the cup contraption tomorrow. How are your baby nems doing? http://m1314.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Absolutefaye/photo_zps482dde7c.jpg.html?o=0

Wow Faye. I was just flipping thru those pics. You tank is looking very mature.

Back
Top Bottom