50 Gal Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks to you guys advice I went ahead and went with the glass aquarium. Petsmart had it on sale for $134 but the one they had had scratches on the black trip so I talked the manager down & eventually walked away with paying $99.99 for it lol. Got some black paint and repainted the trim. Got the stand and tank built up and almost ready to add everything else. I ditched the carib Sea substrate and went with Tropic Eden Mini Flakes from Premium Aquatics. Its very uniform and nice color. I got a few things of Chemi Pur Elite to help with Phosphates as well. I also bought 40 pounds of base rock with 20 pounds of Figi live rock to seed it which will be delivered after the holidays. All I need now is a good light fixture. So the main question would be how should I stock the tank. It's 55 gallons. I know for a fact i want a pair of clowns and some peppermint shrimp. When should I add my CUC?:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG074.jpg
    IMG074.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG076.jpg
    IMG076.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG077.jpg
    IMG077.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG080.jpg
    IMG080.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 69
Not sure about the epoxy, haven't messed with that sorta stuff, just stacked the rock up making sure it was secure.

I like the ocellaris clowns, smaller and more peacefull then some.

I like liveaquaria.com or bluezoo to browse fish.

I would recommend peacefull fish, consider a dwarf angel, of which my favorites are the flame, bi color or coral beauty, but only choose 1 or they may fight.

I also like the reef safe wrasses, goby's (fire fish or purple firefish), and cardinals.

Add CUC after you're cycled, but build CUC slowly cuz there won't be a lot of algae at first- so if you get too many at start, they'll starve. Then add fish slowly.
You can epoxy rock together if you want to, but just remember that if you get tired of rock set up, you'll have to break it apart. Also, if for any reason you need to remove rock, to catch a fish or something, it'll make it more difficult if it's one big piece. Have fun!! :)

Ok didnt think of that. I was doing some epoxy'ing as we speak. Gone just stack the rest. Thanks alot.

Back
Top Bottom