500 ml or 2 liters to jump start my pod population?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

launch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to get a good jump start on my pod population. i recently set up my 220 mixed reef with 250-300lbs lr and 160lbs live sand (i also have some chaeto and lr in my sump). i want to get a good start on my pod population because i want to add a mandarin in a few months. i was going to place an order with Sachs' for live copepods but i wasn't sure if i should get 500ml or 2 liters. is 500 ml enough? if i get 2 liters (which i probabally will) is it possible to have too many copepods?

also, do you have to acclimate them or anything or just dump them in water and all?

thanks.

IMO You can't have too many.

When they arrive just float the bag for 10-15 minutes to bring it to temp and then pour it in! You can split it between your fuge and main tank if you want.

Just as a note, I had great success with pods setting up in the cheato in my tank. It needs to be a protected area, allowing them to proliferate without being consumed or sucked into pumps/skimmers before they can reproduce. As for too many, if you are considering a mandarin, I would agree, you can't have too many : )

Happy Reefing!

Back
Top Bottom