50G build, upgrade from 20G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um, yes, check out our zoa pics! LOL. We have more than 10 varieties of zoas and palys in the tank. ;) Some of them just do better toward the bottom of the tank, or in shaded areas.
We have some sps corals too, that are doing quite well. I would definitely recommend the NEP if it is in the budget. :)
'

I plan on getting this light, it might take me a while to save up for it but i am gonna get it. I really like some of the SPS, but i also like the zoas and stuff as well.

It thought it just looked good, I know nothing about sponges except the ones used to clean the car and dishes.

We picked up a half black angel today. It's a really cool fish!
Here are some pics. Try to ignore the fact that the glass needs to be scraped. ;)
img_1009621_0_6fdcf846919b223bcc98d2d6e6ac1f1b.jpg

img_1009621_1_b5d77ca8957fc11f88773dd045f947a5.jpg

And FTS with new angel:
img_1009621_2_09402f538de3704ce4b3eb46ba3212bf.jpg

He's a great fish, but he's outta here if I catch him nibbling on the zoas! lol

lol i at first read that you picked up half a black angel and i was wondering how that was possible. :silly:

very nice looking fish. i think i saw him nibbling on the zoas. better send him this way. :clown:

Thanks folks!

Etunes- they can be, but it's hit or miss. If he starts munching my corals, he's headed back like immediately! lol

LOL we did... he'd better behave!!! ;)

So far so good, but as we know it is never a sure bet.

Ok, just because i trust SM/NH1 advice. Don't why i really trust them so much. Probably because you guys have helped me the most when it comes to SW. What is the difference between T5 and MH lighting? Which would you suggest?

Who's this NH1 guy and why's he cutting in on my wife!?

The best advice I can give you on lighting is to read through Keith's thread from a ways back. I've seen a couple other good lighting threads here too. It's all going to depend on what you want to keep and what kind of budget you have.

Who's this NH1 guy and why's he cutting in on my wife!?

The best advice I can give you on lighting is to read through Keith's thread from a ways back. I've seen a couple other good lighting threads here too. It's all going to depend on what you want to keep and what kind of budget you have.

NH1, HN1. Whats the difference. The thing is i like the SPS Hard corals, Soft corals, zoanthids, and polyps. So yes, i want it ALL.:-|

I saw in another thread that you have a 90 corner bowfront. Not only is your tank almost twice the size of ours, but I'd bet it's much taller as well (ours is 18" tall). You may be better off to go with MH... but ask around, and check out some threads around here. Maybe start a lighting thread of your own and get some of the pros to help you. ;)

Thanks, it is quite deep. 25" i am kind lost at what to do. So maybe i will do that.

Back
Top Bottom