Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

55 appx 5 mths old

Please help I am not sure what else to add if anything. Need some aquascaping to do but what plants? want to wait on somethings due to what hitchhackers may show up.

1 maroon clown
1 clown
1 kole tang
1 yellow tang
1 striped tang
1 brown shrimp
1 ruby crab
1 anemone
1 flaming scallop
2 hermits
2 turbo
1 sand sifting star

still new to this, but tank seems to be doing really well.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw1956
Please help I am not sure what else to add if anything. Need some aquascaping to do but what plants? want to wait on somethings due to what hitchhackers may show up.

1 maroon clown
1 clown
1 kole tang
1 yellow tang
1 striped tang
1 brown shrimp
1 ruby crab
1 anemone
1 flaming scallop
2 hermits
2 turbo
1 sand sifting star

still new to this, but tank seems to be doing really well.
Overstocked.

3 tangs in a 55 will not work for long.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #3

thanks

so far so good. well have to see, they seem to get along well.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Maybe for now but that won't last. Did you look into the requirements of those fish before purchasing and if not then have you yet?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah babies. As they mature they will stress and become territorial and aggressive. I dont think you've done your research.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #6

first off I didn't purchase, they were added at the same time, by a friend who had a tank prior, he had them together appx. 1 1/2 years. in the same 55 gal that I now own. I may be some what new to this, although had a sw tank back in the late 90's and had it for years until moving back to Key West, and it did really well, and I research everything in depth prior to making a commitment. Thanks for your concern? If that becomes an issue I will be sure and take it to the gulfarium (an refuge/research facility for marine life).
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
first off I didn't purchase, they were added at the same time, by a friend who had a tank prior, he had them together appx. 1 1/2 years. in the same 55 gal that I now own. I may be some what new to this, although had a sw tank back in the late 90's and had it for years until moving back to Key West, and it did really well, and I research everything in depth prior to making a commitment. Thanks for your concern? If that becomes an issue I will be sure and take it to the gulfarium (an refuge/research facility for marine life).
Thats your choice.

But to answer your question those 3 fish make you overstocked. Regardless of how well they behave. I would expect nutrient problems if you add much/anything else. And besides that your tangs will probably tear anything you did add to pieces.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #8

I think you are very rude and I really don't care what u think. I don't believe they are babies, considering the striped is 5" kole same, yellow 3" and at least a year and a half old. Maybe u don't know as much as you would like people to think.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I think you are very rude and I really don't care what u think. I don't believe they are babies, considering the striped is 5" kole same, yellow 3" and at least a year and a half old. Maybe u don't know as much as you would like people to think.
You came here asking for help so if you hear something that bothers you then sorry but we are giving you good advice. The yellow tang is far from full grown. You say you do extensive research yet you think that your 3" tang is full grown? If you aren't willing to except our advice then why did you come here.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Im sorry you think that. Trying to help you, and you dont have to take my advice but more people will be along shortly to tell you the same thing I have.

Those fish grow to be 7 inches +. Those fish will double in size and the yellow probably triple. Sorry you didnt come here and hear what you wanted. I suggest you do some more research friend.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com