55 Gal (1 year old) advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surjer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, Im getting kind of bored with my tank. (KINDA) not really. Guess I am looking for inspiration. So far I have..

55gal tank
110lbs live rock roughly.
2 PH's
1 Phosban Reactor
1 BakPak skimmer
1 Rio HOB skimmer (Not in use at teh moment)
Coralife PC 2 actinic 2 regular

Live
20 Snails / mix
20 hermit crabs
2 O Clowns
1 yellow tail damsel
1 purble/yellow dotty back royal
2 small rocks of Polyp Coral?
3 Green Striped Mushroom Corals?

Here is a picture of it. I was thinking of keeping only small fish. What are some other hardy fish that will add some livelyness to my tank?

Everyone is getting along well and the tank is doing great it seams. Let me know what you all think?

Attachments

• DSC_2079.jpg
    DSC_2079.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_2080.jpg
    DSC_2080.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_2081.jpg
    DSC_2081.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_2084.jpg
    DSC_2084.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 74
Hey guys, Im getting kind of bored with my tank. (KINDA) not really. Guess I am looking for inspiration. So far I have..

55gal tank
110lbs live rock roughly.
2 PH's
1 Phosban Reactor
1 BakPak skimmer
1 Rio HOB skimmer (Not in use at teh moment)
Coralife PC 2 actinic 2 regular

Live
20 Snails / mix
20 hermit crabs
2 O Clowns
1 yellow tail damsel
1 purble/yellow dotty back royal
2 small rocks of Polyp Coral?
3 Green Striped Mushroom Corals?

Here is a picture of it. I was thinking of keeping only small fish. What are some other hardy fish that will add some livelyness to my tank?

Everyone is getting along well and the tank is doing great it seams. Let me know what you all think?
Maybe a foxface he gets 9 inches long and maxium tank is 60 gallon.They eat alage and are cool looking.But the fins are venoums.Here is a picture

Attachments

• foxface rabbitfish.jpg
    foxface rabbitfish.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 236
Yes! A Foxface. This fish is awesome! I am a little worried tho. My tank is pretty clean from algea and this morning he didnt want anything to do with the frozen i tried to feed em. He went straight for the algea on the side of the tank. (There isnt going to be alot of that for him to eat on). what should I stock up on to feed this guy?

Its kinda funny - I have this red kelp looking stuff on one rock and my clowns seamed to have hosted it. Well, this morning I noticed they also EAT on it. He came over and flexed his fins a few times but the clowns were like Pfftttt, pull up a chair buddy. So 2 clowns and the FoxFace were going to town eating on that kelp looking stuff...

A purple Psuedochromis is Very hardy, and extremely active. I think you'd enjoy one in your tank. They are a beautiful lavender color with neon looking blue rings around their eyes

i have a tiger pistol shrimp and black ray goby they are both constantly moving and aranging the sand they are great to watch and see each day where they r and what they did

i have a tiger pistol shrimp and black ray goby they are both constantly moving and aranging the sand they are great to watch and see each day where they r and what they did
That is one cool foxface. Its cool how he did that thing with his top fins were they puffed out. Remeber top and bottom fins are venoums so watch out. if you wear gloves you wont feel it as bad. Plus with the foxface i heard you could hand feed

I already have 1 dottyback royal gramma and I dont think you are suppose to put more than 1 in a tank are ya?

you know...I'm not sure if a royal gramma and a purple psuedochromis will get along. I know it's hard to keep multiple psuedochromis together unless they are a mated pair. My psuedochromis likes to make sure the firefish stay in their hole, but leaves the Fire Clown alone (he holds his own), so he will somewhat bully timid fish. When I had a royal gramma, I had him with my maroon yellow striped clown, and he held his own with that particularly aggressive fish, so...I dunno. I'd definitely do more research before making the choice.

Any thoughts one what to feed the fox face anyone? He doesnt seam to care for Mysys, Brine, Flakes, or Pellets..

Foxfaces are herbivores. Try putting some dried seaweed in your tank. Seaweed selects or Nori.

Back
Top Bottom