55 gallon coral and fish stock list? do I have 2 much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly0707

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering what other peoples stock list looks like for their 55 gallon.

I have 2 clowns
4 fire fish
1 six line wrasse
1 yellow watchman goby
Pistol shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Cleaner shrimp
A few snails

Xenia coral frag
Kenya tree coral frag
Zoa coral frag
Birds nest coral frag
Red mushroom coral frag

Is this to much already? Would like to get an anenom and a few more frags maybe 1 or 2 small fish? I know LFS's will all tell you different. One tried to sell me a yellow tang today but picked up the 3 firefish to go with my other one to have a small school.

kelly0707 said:
Just wondering what other peoples stock list looks like for their 55 gallon.

I have 2 clowns
4 fire fish
1 six line wrasse
1 yellow watchman goby
Pistol shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Cleaner shrimp
A few snails

Xenia coral frag
Kenya tree coral frag
Zoa coral frag
Birds nest coral frag
Red mushroom coral frag

Is this to much already? Would like to get an anenom and a few more frags maybe 1 or 2 small fish? I know LFS's will all tell you different. One tried to sell me a yellow tang today but picked up the 3 firefish to go with my other one to have a small school.

Wow I almost have the same stuff.

I have a 50 gallon with a fire fish, a purple firefish, a banggai cardinal, a lubbock's fairy wrasse, a clown and as of today an orange spotted goby.

JustinKBreen said:
I have a 50 gallon with a fire fish, a purple firefish, a banggai cardinal, a lubbock's fairy wrasse, a clown and as of today an orange spotted goby.

Does the fire fish and purple fire fish get along? I was told they wouldn't

We currently have:
2 clowns
2 firefish
1 PJ cardinal (had 2 :-( )
2 cleaner shrimp
2 emerald crabs

Green star polyps
Frogspawn with 4 heads
Toadstool

Probably going to get an anemone today and maybe a goby as well

I have (2) B/W Clowns, purple firefish, midas blenny, pink spot watchman goby, cleaner shrimp, (2) emerald crabs, serpent starfish plus tons of corals.

To answer your question about stock, you already have (8) fish. I would think you are fully stocked. A lot depends on the swimming behavior, size (of course), bioload, personality, etc.

I have the (5) fish in mine, and I feel like I'm stocked. I added a small sixline wrasse, didn't make it, but I felt it was just too much for my tank.

The two firefish were added at the same time, I think they each have their own little territory but I haven't seen them fight or nip at eachother.

Back
Top Bottom